PET PEEVES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hah, Linda nailed it for me.

Smokers, smoke, finding cigarette butts on the ground, seeing people throw them out the window! Grr!

Many other things in this dept. I really dislike hearing people make loud eating noises when they don't close their mouths to chew.

I even blogged about it today (the cigarette butt thing):

Life in the Great Northwet

We've all got 'em...hopefully they don't get out of control either way.

Liz

My biggest pet peeve is people who can't spell worth a d*mn, or can't put together a decent sentence. I'm pretty sure we all completed 3rd grade so why is it that some can't form a coherent sentence?!?!?

Another one is people who flake out of plans for no reason. If something comes up, it's not that difficult to make a phone call instead of making the person wait around.

Karen said it for me (although I do have others LOL)
Karen said: "People who jump to judgement after hearing only one side of a story. There are always two sides to every story but some people are quick to the slaughter after hearing only one side."

default_yes.gif

And people who never bother to email back you after you've taken and sent many extra pics of a horse for them. It's ok if you decide not to buy the horse, but it sure would be nice if you said so.

default_yes.gif

I totally agree with both of you!!!
default_yes.gif

My biggest pet peeve is people who drive with their children NOT in car seats!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a girl once with a small baby, under 6 months, in a car seat facing foward, and not even buckeled into the car
default_new_shocked.gif
When I told her babies that age should be rear facing, she said

'oh, we have been driving for miles and miles, and it is easier to reach him this way!'

being the self controlled person that I am, I told her it is also way easier for babies to DIE that way!!!!!

What a selfish stupid person she is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also hate kids in pick up beds! I have seen toddlers riding like that!

My second pet peeve, would be people talking in stores on ear peice cell phones. They talk in a normal voice, and you cant tell if they are talking to you, or who, thanyou see, the stupid ear piece.

It is like they are carring on a conversation with an invisable friend. I think they are great for the car though.

I cant stand it when some poeple say words incorrectly like ecpesially-- its especially! Or announciate- its enunciate ...

People that complain they dont have any money and then eat out all the time and blow their money on dumb stuff then say " I cant pay my bills" !! Hello you should pay your bills first then do the extras!!

When you go into a store at the checkout and the person doesnt even speak to you, they do talk to other coworkers about how drunk they got the night before!! They should be taught customer service which first involves saying Hello or How are you today!! And Watched by management to make sure they are complying!!

People who cant drive, out on the highways, causing accidents to other innocent people!

Smokers, Smokers, Smokers!! they smoke wherever and dont think we all dont want to breathe that stuff and SMell like it!! My husband came home from a guy trip and his pillow reeked like cigerette smoke! Yuk ! I know they say they cant smell it. My mom used to smoke and after she quit she cant be around smoke cause it makes her throw up[! Yes that is what we were saying for years and why I wouldnt let her smoke around my babies or in my house as we are nonsmokers...

People who litter- it makes me so mad when I find crap on the ground or in streams or rivers! I also cant stand to see someone toss something out the window! Like we all want to leave that McDonalds bag on the ground!

I'm sure I have many more but will stop here.......

You've already covered most of mine so here's two more:

1. Hair in food! Major gross out.

2. People that pick snot and eat it

(When they know darn well they are supposed to wipe it on their clothes
default_new_shocked.gif
) lol
default_biggrin.png

[SIZE=12pt]people who know everything[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]children running wild and their parents don't seem to notice[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]people who think/act like[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] they are better then others[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]dishonesty[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]fingernail chewing near me[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/size] [/SIZE]

Lately my peeve is people who assume that just because you appear young that you are a complete idiot and can be manipulated. Youthful appearance does not indicate intelligence nor does it indicate the strength of one's backbone.

I'm 30 by the way.
default_wink.png

mine are people who dont use their turn signals i mean how hard is it to slide your hand down the wheel and flick on the turn signal

OK, here is another one. I have a huge problem with people coming into a business for a service (such as a dry cleaners, which is where I work so I see it ALL the time) while still on the phone and they can not speak to you, because they are too busy talking to the other person. You have to wait til they are done (I have other things to do besides standing there waiting...and listening), they scribble their phone number on a piece of paper or they are rude to the person they are talking to and say their number while supposedly listening to the what the other person is saying...They continue talk while I go thru their order (incoming, outgoing or both)...I have to speak while they are speaking, so now I am interrupting...and they leave without saying anything to you, still yakking on the phone!! I think that is the ultimate in rudeness!! Either finish the call BEFORE you come in or ask the person to wait while you are being helped...how hard is that??
default_wacko.png

Here are mine!

People who chew with their mouth open.

When people walk like they can bend their knees.

People who burp in public.

Ppl who tlk w/ abbr.

Oh, yes, I forgot the screaming kids. I cannot tolerate screaming kids. And I absolutely hate being seated in an arena & have the kid behind me kicking the back of my seat. That's just rude.

Also--people who mess up and can't own up to the error of their ways. They won't ever say "I'm sorry" or admit "I was wrong"--when confronted about it they shrug and say they didn't mean anything by it and didn't mean to hurt anyone--and if they do admit they did anything wrong, it's always someone else's fault

Mothers will hate me... but...

I dislike a screaming child in restaurants when I am trying to eat.. Also young kids jumping around and being loud in the seat next to me..

Don't get me wrong.. I love kids.. just dislike the way they act in public at times.. If I hear a kid screaming in a store, I am out of there or shopping in opposite direction!

Mary Lou I totally agree about the kids!! People dont teach their kids How to act they just let them run around like banshees! Everyone doesnt think your little one is wonderful- we just want to enjoy a relaxing meal in peace!

When my kids were little we took them everywhere, nice restaraunts, etc and they knew to act good or else!! Everyone always comments how good our kids are- that because we were on them at a young age!! We taught them what was acceptable and they do it... We didnt have to spank or beat to get it, just let the kids know what is expected of them...

I have a REALLY good one during show season. People who lock their dogs in a tack stall and let them HOWL and sit outside the stall talking like nothing is going on, or go off and leave them to howl while you are trying to get your horse ready! ^&^%&( drives me nuts. If you can't control the dog leave it home!

I TOTALLY agree about the kids.

People who tell you how bad everyone else is but can't see what they themselves are doing because THEY are always right and can do no wrong.

Well, it is nice to see what really is bugging us all. I have come to the conclusion that it is a tough job...being human. It looks like we all fall into one category or another
default_wacko.png
. I know I fit into several listed....like not always signaling my turns.
default_wink.png
In Georgia it an unwritten rule not to let anyone know where you want to get over as it is another unwritten rule not to let anyone over if they do signal...lol.

Let's all have a great day!! Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to!

I've got entirely too many to list...I must be annoyed easily...some have been listed already:

not using turn signal

talking on cell phone in store/grocery line

screaming kids/kids running wild in public

loud chewing noises/people scraping their plate with their utensils

some others:

very loud talking people, who feel the need for the whole free world to hear what they are saying

people who just stand in the center of the grocery store aisle with their cart doing absolutely nothing but clogging up the aisle or talking to another shopper

whinners...those who complain about everything and nothing ( I sound like one of them now
default_biggrin.png
)

barking dogs (including my own)

I could go on and on...I'll just stop there...I'm annoying myself complaining so much
default_wink.png

My biggest pet peeve?

In the late summer I take picturs of the horses I will try and sell over the winter. When their coats are short and you can tell what they look like. I then put some of these pictures on my web site. As winter rolls in I start getting e-mails about one or another of them. Mind you, these are not young horses, but older breeding stock and they are just not going to change in a few months.
default_deadhorse2.gif

Well, the e-mailer wants more pictures, up to date pictures. I live here alone and it is hard to get good pictures of a horse tied to a fence. Plus, do you know any horse that looks good hairy?
default_frusty.gif
I live in Minnesota, so they get really hairy here!!!
default_sad.png
But, the potential buyer insists that they can see through all of that hair. So, outside I go, bring the horse in, tie it to a fence and try and take pictures. Well, then the e-mailer wants more, and more and more. By this time I am ready to kill them. :arg! :arg!

After all of this, you do not hear a thing back from them.. No thank you, but I am not interested, nothing. You know that they can not see through all the hair. Tail sets look low with 3 to 4 inches of hair sticking up on the back, top lines are hard to tell. With 3 inches of hair on their legs, who can tell they are refined? Don't get me started on heads, they all look like buffalos in the winter. They could have the prettiest of heads, but with 3 to 4 inches of hair on it, how can you tell? And, you have just waisted another day or two for the rud potential buyer, knowing that they will not buy, as they can not see past the hair.
default_torch.gif
default_torch.gif

At my age I have too many to list. They can change at any given time. BUT, the one about the screaming kids is way up there on my all time list. When hubby and I go out to eat, I prefer not to be seated in an area close to young kids. They scream, cry, generally make messes, and lo and behold, the parents never seem to notice or hear anything. Now, I have been there done that with my own kids. They were taken everywhere I went, and I might add, trained to behave in public, and taught good manners. Is it too much to ask that parents today do the same?

Yes, I am a smoker, and one of my all time peeves is when a non-smoker enters a smoking area, turns up their nose, acts as if they are holier than thou, and asks me to put out my cigarette. They may be told, depending on my mood, to get out of MY area, and shut up. Most of the time I try to make nice, and move somewhere else. For the record, I put out my cigarette and put the butt in the appropriate place, or put it in my pocket till I find a trash bin. It may be a dirty habit, but it is my dirty habit, and I try and take care of the problem.

At my age I have too many to list. They can change at any given time. BUT, the one about the screaming kids is way up there on my all time list. When hubby and I go out to eat, I prefer not to be seated in an area close to young kids. They scream, cry, generally make messes, and lo and behold, the parents never seem to notice or hear anything. Now, I have been there done that with my own kids. They were taken everywhere I went, and I might add, trained to behave in public, and taught good manners. Is it too much to ask that parents today do the same?

Yes, I am a smoker, and one of my all time peeves is when a non-smoker enters a smoking area, turns up their nose, acts as if they are holier than thou, and asks me to put out my cigarette. They may be told, depending on my mood, to get out of MY area, and shut up. Most of the time I try to make nice, and move somewhere else. For the record, I put out my cigarette and put the butt in the appropriate place, or put it in my pocket till I find a trash bin. It may be a dirty habit, but it is my dirty habit, and I try and take care of the problem.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
LOL! I LOVE IT!! You sound just like me when I used to smoke! I quit many years ago, and I sure do feel for smokers these days!

As for the kids, I hear ya there too, and unfortunately, I have a daughter that is one of "those" that does not control her kids in a restaraunt, and I recently just got into this with her. Most times are not too bad, if it's just their family(3 boys, 1 yr, 3 yrs and 6 yrs) and my husband and I, but recently there were us, them, a couple friends of the family as well as her brother in law and their 3 kids(3 yrs, 7yrs and 12yrs). They let all the kids sit at one end of the table, together! No adults between them, and although I could not say anything to the other kids, I did try to discipline my grandsons. When I finally said to her, "Look at what they are doing down there", she replied "If it bothers you, don't look"!

I just about went CRAZY! I told her no more "big" public getogethers for me, so don't even ask. She is usally pretty sensible, so I find it hard to believe she is this way in regards to raising their kids! :DOH!

Gee, sounds like some of you have been driving in Wilmington lately!

Also sounds like you've been behind me (and my kids) in the grocery store. I'm sorry, they won't let me use the duct tape anymore. . . .

Just kidding!! Sometimes I wish I could tie 'em to the cart or something, they always choose the times when we're out in public to try my patience. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, I would die for them if need be, but they drive me crazy!! I really get irked by people (like my mother) who assume that it's my fault that so-and-so did such-and-such. Of course they know better! Heaven knows, they've been told often enough!Sadly, some children don't respond to the "usual" techniques, and require a more flexible approach. I try not to inflict them on an unsuspecting public any more than necessary, but sometimes, it can't be helped. I tell myself the point of all this is to create successful, productive adults, not merely compliant children, and pick my battles. My kids' biggest pet peeve is probably me saying "Well! Have we learned anything?"

And they are learning. As they get older, they embarrass me less and less. One of these days I may actually be proud of them! Jeez! I really didn't mean to get so defensive, but I guess I'm weighing in behind the "judgemental" line as well.

I have another one. People who assume that, because I'm FEMALE, or merely not as affluent as they apparently are, that I'm brain dead and talk down to me. That really gets my goat.

Latest posts

Back