Perfect homes do come along....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
I change my sale page often. My heart makes me do it. I've never had Blessing for sale without Whisper. I've even given folks a price on Blessing, but email them hours later to say I can't do it. Blessing was just going to be the farm mascot, weanling babysitter, and my jogging buddy.

But, my heart adjusted to the idea of her leaving when a family with two little girls came close to getting Blessing and Whisper. I knew I was ready to let one go because Rosie was added into the mix, so who ever was left behind had a buddy. I had her for sale on one site for 2 weeks when the emails started. Two sounded great. One was a family who was interested in B and W for their kids. The other is Blessing's new owner, Julie, soon to be a forum member.
default_smile.png

Julie and I have been emailing for days. She has been riding since age 3. She's now 20 and the captain of the equestrian team at her college. But she's always wanted a mini. Her mom says Julie's been bugging her for one since age 12, and she's finally giving in.
default_smile.png
Blessing caught her eye long ago, from my website, but she wasn't for sale. This time she was. Julie and her mom came today, driving 5.5 hours, to visit and it was a done deal from the first minute, I think. Blessing will have a forever home with Julie and her mom--at a very impressive horse farm. Blessing will have her own stall and pony pasture buddies and more kids to love on her than she's ever dreamed about.

I breed for two foals every other year because I want room for everyone until I find the perfect homes. The wait can be nerve wrecking, but it's worth it for homes such as these. Thank you, Julie for taking over the care and love of my Blessing. It's a match, such a match.
default_wub.png

Julie gave me permission to post photos. She'll join soon and post more. I'm so happy to sell to someone who will update me often. With a new home like this I have no room for sadness.

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

We showed Blessing a photo of the barn where she'll be living and she approved.
default_biggrin.png

IMG_5831.jpg

[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]

***NOTE: UPDATED PHOTOS OF BLESSING HEADED 'HOME' AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE 3!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I come to the conclusion that the good homes are out there and they will find you when you least expect it.

I'm dealing with it again right now. I think if it feels good, do it. I trust my gut instinct and I'm suspicious enough to investigate a red flag when I see one. I think Blessing has found another super home where she will be very happy and not want for a thing.

What a wonderful post! If only all of them could find such perfect homes. I especially like the photo of her "approving" her new home.
default_wub.png
Can't wait to meet the proud new owner--congratulations to both of you!

Awwww...that pic of Blessing looking at the pic of her new barn is so sweet! I hope her and her owner all the luck in the world and much happiness to go along with it.

This is a great little story and I have to say, I've never seen such a cute picture as her looking at her new home, that really touchs my heart.
default_wub.png

Awwwww..... What a great story! It's nice that you can see where she is going.
default_saludando.gif
I am sure you will miss blessing but you can always visit her, I bet.

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations [/SIZE] to you, Julie and Blessing, so glad everything worked out
default_saludando.gif

it's great when it goes like that, isn't it?

Congratulations to all involved...

Liz

Yay!!
default_aktion033.gif
Congrats to you, Julie, her mom and of course Blessing!!
default_yes.gif
Gonna miss your photos of her though! Guess that means extra Rosie photos right??
default_biggrin.png

Congrats to all of you!! Im so happy you found a great home and sounds like a good friend.
default_aktion033.gif

Karla

I am so happy for you Blessing and Julie and wish you all years of friendship and great horsie relations now if I only could find "Amy that same perfect home. Congratulations!!!!!!

Nita

What a beautiful story Karla. I'm so happy that blessing has found such a wonderful home with wonderful people! YAY!

I'm with you I won't breed more than I can keep in my barn at one time. I am very fussy about where my horses go and I will wait (forever if I have to) until the perfect home comes along.
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

Congratulations to all of you! Not only did blessing find the perfect home, but it looks like you have found a new friend!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Julie IS a new friend--and her mom. They are an entertaining pair!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png
We even managed to "chat" several times as she drove home because she is a high tech person and has a contraption in the car that can do email and get on the internet. Magical.
default_laugh.png

I sent her the link to this post...

Hi Julie!
default_saludando.gif

I'll be glued to my computer when they take Blessing home.... so I can hear how it's going.
default_biggrin.png

I wonder if Blessing will wear a tiara there?
default_biggrin.png

Cristina-Julie is a fabulous photographer! Her photos of the barn, pastures, and riders cooling off their horses were so nice! So--I'm thinking you won't have to worry about seeing Blessing once she leaves Little Church Minis.
default_yes.gif

Oh Karla,

It sounds like Blessing has found a perfect home - I know how precious she is to you and I can tell you feel good about her going to a wonderful home!

I love the pictures - especially the one of Blessing checking out the barn.

Julie is going to just love her and I have a feeling she will soon be "mini addicted" with the rest of us!!

Hey everyone. Well I'm Julie, Blessing's new owner.

Karla, it's funny to read your posts because you keep saying "The perfect home has come along." My mom and I keep saying "The perfect mini has came along." Funny how that works isn't it? It's a perfect match.

To my new forum friends, I think some of you have known Karla longer than I have, but I am truly grateful for having teh fortune to deal with such a knowledgeable, caring horsewoman. The six horses on her farm could not be happier. They are extremely well cared for and it shows in their behavior and willingness to please Karla. Rosie was listening to voice commands without a halter or lead! When we first entered the pasture, the three fillies came right up to Karla and us and were amazingly friendly and unflappable. My mom, upon seeing Blessing, bent down and threw her arms around her. Blessing stood statue still, a look in her pretty little eyes as if to say "I could do this all day long!" Even her stallion Jazz was sweet. He came up to us, not in the least bit threatening as if we were trying to take his mares, but just giving us a big hello. He let us get between him and his ladies without batting an eye, he just grazed behind us while we admired Gypsy and Chloe.

You can really tell Karla takes her time with the babies. They adore her and are amazingly people friendly. I am SO happy I decided to e-mail her about Blessing, it truly is a blessing to have such a great new friend in Karla as well as a new member of our family in Blessing.

I think I'm finally winding down from the excitement of today and might be able to go to bed now.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING, KARLA!
default_aktion033.gif

Karla and Julie,

I am so happy for both of you! :)

Good things come to those who wait :)

And it all sounds about perfect!

Susan O.

What a wonderful story.
default_yes.gif
I had no idea Blessing was for sale (don't know where I've been!) but I'm glad she's going to such a wonderful home.
default_aktion033.gif
She's an adorable little mini and I just know she'll be very happy indeed.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back