Penny's foaling thread.....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_thumbup.gif
Congrats! How about Hope...since you were hoping for her for so long?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, is she ever adorable!!! I bet you can't tear yourself away from her.

What a beautiful little girl, wonder what colour she will be as she looks quite greyish coloured in the pics? What colour was the sire -cant remember if you said or knew?

One bit of advice - or a warnng really - please remove Penny's headcollar as asap, it is really very dangerous for the foal to have its Momma wearing a headcollar, too many chances of an accident.

So what does our sweet Penny think of her new daughter?

From what I can tell she is a grayish color. With a tint of blue. Dad is a silver bay. Don't worry, I did! I had to move Penny around and clean out her hooves, ect so I put it on her. Last night I had to tie her up because she didn't want us to mess with the baby, but I had to get iodine on her b-button. Now she watches me, but as long as I don't look like I am going to eat her baby I don't have to tie her up. Penny really really likes her kiddo from what I can tell!! When do you guys think that it would be ok to let momma and baby outside? Its supposed to be 20-30 tomorrow and the next day. Should I only let her in the front part and lock the other horses out?

Last edited by a moderator:
She's beautiful congrats again...I would give mom and baby some alone time outside

no sense having her working to keep the other horses away and they need some bonding time

I have a spot where I can lock her away from the other horses, but they can still touch noses. I think that my little girl is a silver black..I was looking a old thread on here with silver black horses and some of the foals look just like her.. Does anyone have a idea for me??

I would agree with silver black. Oh and when she sheds or gets clipped you may have lots of dapples hiding in there!! I do love dapples!!
default_thumbup.gif

Yes Penny will need time on her own with her new baby, and as much 'out' time that you can organise will only be good for the little one, weather permitting of course. Having your other horses 'next door' shouldn't be a problem, just make sure the fence is safe for baby and that there is NO WAY she can escape/roll/fall through. Be prepared for Penny to be very protective of her baby for the first couple of weeks or so - as you have already found out - so she may well rush the dividing fence to try to drive the others away or work to keep baby away from chatting to those next door. But they should soon all settle down.
default_yes.gif

Keep those pictures coming please!

What a little sweetie!!! And yes, I agree some outside time together would be fine. Depending on the temperatures, just watch for any signs baby is cold or shivering. Babies can have a little difficulty regulating their temperatures, which is why we always say to make a deep bedding with high sides to keep out drafts. But some outside time would be good for both!

More pictures please!

And don't forget to post that beautiful baby's picture in the album!!

Last edited:
What a pretty silver filly! Congratulations Penny...you sneak! Eating and foaling at the same time...what a greedy guts!!

I'm glad you got her separated out and she foaled uneventfully. She sure lead up to it with obvious signs.

Now, if we can just help Ryan get his pinto filly (hint, hint filly fairy) on the ground just as easily!

I am hoping we can get Ryans little filly (also sending the hint) on the ground soon! I was with her up until about an hour before she foaled. She was eating grain and treats, and was very very very hungry.. Like she was starving, hungry. She did not want to trot, or really move, she was kind of attached to my hip too. It was a good thing that I re-braided her tail about 3-4 hours before she foaled, the other braid was starting to fall apart. I have to ask you guys this, when my grandpa went out to get Penny, and found my little girl (thinking her name will be Blue!) she was standing between Mousies front legs, every since she foaled, Snowball and Mousie (especially Mousie) will wait outside the barn door. For hours, only leaving to go get some hay for 10-15 minutes at the most. Why do you guys think that is? Before she foaled they would follow her up, wait at the door for about 0 minutes then go back to the hay.

What a precious filly!! Love love her
default_smile.png

Huge congratulations!!! She is one of my most favorite colors! How about some more photos for us aunties?!

New pictures in the morning, its too dark for me to get any good pictures. She will get to go outside for the first (not counting when she was born outside) time tomorrow! Ill get a video for you ladies!

Pictures of Grey!! Yes she finally got a name! And she is already starting to come

To her name. And when she doesn't penny goes and gets her and brings her up to me
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Her "call" name is "Grey", she is already learning to come to it. Her non registered, registered name is "Blue's Merry Grey". She isn't registered, but that would be her show name.

Latest posts

Back