Penny got his cast off!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
Our Few spot appy stallion, Toyland Penny Cloud, finally got his cast off today at 1. I'm so glad!!! he's had it on for almost 3 months. He broke his leg in TWO places-his right hind leg. The vet said he would usually put a horse down but would try it because penny is small and young. Well...X-rays showed that the bone slipped after they put the two pins in and now it's healed funny. Actually just the top fracture is healed...the bottom isn't quite because the pin was moving around in there and now he has an infection. He'll need a couple more months to heal and right now he can't put ANY pressure on it at all. It'll be a while. His joints are also VERY VERY stiff and he can't bend them at all so he'll be going through some HOME physical therapy! Poor little guy. We're thinking about putting him on Rapid Response. Wondered if any of you had heard of it or tried it??

PRAYERS COMING FOR A FAST HEALING...SOUNDS LIKE HE IS ON HIS WAY
yes.gif

I hope everything heals fast and well. Good vibes coming your way.

Poor little guy and poor u too! Sounds like u have your hands full dealing with all that. best of luck with him.

Congrats on hanging in there and his recovery.

Hope the final healing process goes quickly for him.

Tommy

Thanks everybody and PLEASE keep him in your prayers! I still want to see those little spotted babies running around my yard! He's such a sweet boy I feel so bad for him. Oh yes..it's quite a handful but I really don't mind at all. As long as he gets better. I'm going to put him on Rapid Response. It sounds AMAZING! I'm just hoping it truly is. I've talked to the people and have read many many stories of people that have used it. I'm thinking I might call this one that had a stallion that broke his leg and used Rapid Response just to be on the safe side. I know it's not going to work any miracles but hopefully it'll help the little guy heal and help with is stiffness.

He broke his leg jumping over CATTLE PANELING to get to mares!! I've never ever had a horse try and jump cattle paneling. Well I was so confused as to how in the world he even got close to the top so I went out and checked and the 3 wires on the top were busted so he must've pushed on it so it was down far enough but then I think he got his legs caught in there climbing over. We're working on getting new fencing as we aren't sure on how safe it is for them. It's high but it would be so easy for them to get their legs caught in there it just worries me. Anyway...could you imagine. he didn't just break it..he broke it in TWO PLACES!

Keep Penny in your prayers!!

Latest posts

Back