Peeing on Hay?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, Chip does NOT pee in his hay. Pee and poop belongs along the far wall, well away from any food. He must have shared his foalhood (like childhood lol) with his son, Rebel, because he doesn't pee in his hay either. And I highly doubt Sandi (Rebels dam) taught him the same way Ariel taught Chip.

We once had a mare that would share hay with the other horses, and once she had her fill she would pee on the hay that was left.

If she couldnt have it, by golly no body else was going to either.
default_laugh.png

We started making several smaller piles to try to outsmart her ability to do this, but ultimatly

off the ground feeders were the best soulution.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My large horse gelding is doing it on the left over round bale. I know in his case it's because of the splashing.

We used to have a quarter mare that used to do that. She was an alpha mare. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but suspect it did.

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
But don't leave a towel, jacket, blanket or anything else fabric too close to my boys stall...he will drag it in and pee on it for sure! Same goes if he "undresses" himself, he will pee on his blanket as soon as he gets it off. It makes for some interesting glares at shows if someone leaves a show shirt in his reach.
Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard! Thank you for posting that.

default_xkngt.gif

My stud doesn't pee on his hay but he does throw it out of the feeder when he is done with it. lol. he also paws at the other other horses poop and goes right on top of it so that it bares his scent.
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back