Pedigree Research

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalliburtonFarms

Reaction score
Hello! I found this group while researching pedigrees. We recently purchased a darling little 6 month old at a sale. We have numerous AQHA horses and am familiar with that registration system. I'm a bit confused on how to select a registered name our new mini friend. I have his coggins, health cert, a registration application, and a transfer form from the owner/breeder. I need to select a name but can't figure out how to look up his pedigrees....nothing is coming up in AllPedigree.com for his sire RHA Hot Classic #328516T or Dam, Tjeerdsma's Tini Sandy #249035A. Is there somewhere else to look for lineage?

Someone with studbook access will be able to look up the pedigrees for you.
Is his paperwork for AMHR, or AMHA?

I let my studbook access lapse a few months ago so cannot help with this.

Contact AMHA/AMHR with your numbers and they should be able to help you. They are both super registries to work with.
btw, In order to transfer the horses into your name, you will need to become a member.
Do you know, can you change the name of your registered mini? Her original owner misspelled her name on her papers.

In AMHR you can change the name if
1) the horse has not been shown
2) the horse has no registered offspring
3) the breeder provides a signed letter consenting to the name change
4) you pay $100 fee.

The only thing I noticed were the letters at the end of each horse's registration number. The "T" indicates the sire has Temporary Papers. The "A" indicates (with AMHR) the mare measures 34" or under.

Does anyone have access to look up the pedigrees in AMHR? FHA Hot Classic 328516T and Tjeerdsma's Tini Sandy #249035A. I called the office and while they were very nice, didnt offer any info

Your best bet, for starters, would be to send your application in; when you get your papers, you will have the pedigree on the papers. That is a good beginning.

Latest posts

Back