Pearl In The Barn With Misty

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the barn life in your barn. The ponies look totally happy and the cats are too funny. You are an older generation horseman and it is so interesting to learn the multiple ways you harness, drive, and use your ponies.

Truly a testament to the versatility of the small horse!

I laughed when you mentioned your stone boat! Many many years ago we had a beautiful Percheron, Daisy, who pulled a stone boat, but I’m guessing her boat was bigger! 🤣

Love the barn life in your barn. The ponies look totally happy and the cats are too funny. You are an older generation horseman and it is so interesting to learn the multiple ways you harness, drive, and use your ponies.

Truly a testament to the versatility of the small horse!

I laughed when you mentioned your stone boat! Many many years ago we had a beautiful Percheron, Daisy, who pulled a stone boat, but I’m guessing her boat was bigger! 🤣

Stone Boat?? When talking about a stone boat I did not give it a thought to those would not have a picture in their mind as to what it would look like or how it would be used. A simple description would be a sled with a solid top that you pile stones from a field being farmed. Stones laying on the ground will damage tilling equipment preparing the soil to plant or seed. Because of my disability I put a seat on the one I made. I also put some wheels to lighten the load for the 30 inch size mini horses. The one you spoke of the teamster would just stand on the stone boat until it didn't have room to stand. They would walk beside the stone boat while moving to a (stone pile or fence row) to unload.

Back