Paypal question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reijel's Mom

Reaction score
Hi - I haven't used paypal in a long time and I assisted my husband with signing up for an account as he's just discovered the wonderful world of ebay (YIKES!)

ANYway - we put in our credit card info for the paypal account but now it's telling us we have to verify by adding in our bank info - is this a new thing? I really don't recall doing this when I signed up, but it's been a loonnnggg time ago now.

Thanks!

We don't use credit cards so never signed up with one, however we needed to verify our bank info with PayPal. They put in two separate and tiny deposits, and once those show in your account, you are to verify the amounts to PayPal. It is one form of their user indentity verification.

Thanks, Outlaw Ridge - so I assume this is true for those folks who also use credit cards? I was just bummed to have to enter my bank info - credit card info isn't QUITE as scary for me as you can dispute those charges, I'm sure you can with the bank as well but in the meantime you could have your account cleared out!

Reijel -- What I did was open up a separate bank account for my Pay Pal. That way my other banking information etc....does not get involved in it. Then if there is any transaction that is questionable, I don't have to worry about it all tying into my other things. I never went the credit card route with Pay Pal. I do however remember having to when I signed up with Ebay....they say it's for address verification purposes.

eBay warning.... it is addictive!!!! I love eBay. I purchase most of my horse stuff there. I have never had a banking problem with PayPal. Be careful to watch shipping costs, some sellers will put the screws to you with that. Have fun!!!!

[SIZE=14pt]i have a seprate account that i use just for ebay, i wasn't comfortable giving account info. either so i keep everything separate. i have been ebaying since 2002 and have never had a problem with paypal. i also have a separate credit card that is only for ebay only...just feels safer...good luck and have fun
default_yes.gif
, Nikki[/SIZE]

I've had PayPal since 1998 or earlier. I do remember when I signed up, or so after, they had to "verify" my account and needed my bank account info. What they did was deposit a couple cents maybe 2 times or 3? And then to verify I had to tell them the amount of the deposits. I'm not sure if that's what you mean? It's been so long! I use PayPal with my checking account and with a credit card. I've not ever had a problem. The main tip I can think of is not to be fooled by any email scams pretending to be about your PayPal account.

I like the fact that you can send/receive without providing the bank info to more than just paypal. It's convenient for sending club dues, etc. I actually have the $$ from my Mystery Shopper jobs sent there and it gives me a little "free" money to spend.
default_rolleyes.gif
Easy to transfer between parties ... buy a horse, pay board, kids in college (or just broke
default_wacko.png
), etc. Plus you can put things on your credit card for people who are not set up for that without sending a separate check.

Actually, I probably don't write 10 checks a year anymore! Debit cards and online payments -- wow, I couldn't imagine have to pay bills with checks anymore. In past six years, I have not paid a utility or mortgage except via computer.
default_new_shocked.gif
Just look at where we've come from with technology.

So far, never a problem with over 10 yrs of paypal.
default_aktion033.gif

I buy and sell on ebay all the time but do have a seperate account for it and have never had a problem but 3 times in 5 yrs...non payers and someone trying to get something for nothing...I buy about all my horsey stuff there.

Thanks for all the help, guys! I just went ahead and added the bank info so my husband could get what he wants - 'tis the season! I'll kick his butt later if this blows up in our face
default_biggrin.png

I'm not concerned about myself/ebay, I play there sometimes, but I AM concerned about HIM
default_biggrin.png

Then again, he's been quite gracious lately about me bringing more animals home, so I would say he's entitled to some stupid baseball cards!
default_rolleyes.gif

Back