Pathological Research on D2 dwarfism

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arion Mgmt

Reaction score
Hello All,

This is John Eberth. I am the person that discovered the dwarf mutations. I am working on pathological descriptions for the different mutations. I am here in need of help locating any breeders willing to donate dwarfs for pathological exams. I would prefer to have term still born or late-term still born. However if any breeder is willing to donate any dwarfs for pathology research I am able to take any. Please PM me or email me at [email protected]. Of course this is confidential. I have characterized the pathology of D1. However D3 and D4 are needed as well but those are the rare types and I will not know genotype until I test them. Thank you for everyone's interest and support over these many years.

Hi John I hope you will receive some inquiries so your work on this can continue. Please let me know if you want this pinned.

Debby,

Yes please I would greatly appreciate it if you could pin it. I wanted to get the word out what I needed before the foaling season really got started. This is typically the time of year dwarfs are aborted in late term,especially the D2 type.

Thanks again.

will do that now. I'll put this, as an announcement, on the sales board also to help get this out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, I sure hope you get some donated and if I ever had another one I'd donate it for sure to you. However it is doubtful since I have had my entire herd tested. As always I will be very interested in your research as it continues. And I am sooo glad for the test! Thank you so much!

Susan O.

I would help if I could, but we stopped breeding and gelded our stallion. I did contact you and sent photos of an early term aborted dwarf fetus a few years ago. I appreciate all you have done in the development of the test for dwarfism. We did test the only mare in our herd that is for sale and she tested N/N.

John, thank you for your many yeas of extensive work! It is very much appreciated!

Latest posts

Back