Patches saga continues LOL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

well my farrier came out and while he was here took a look at patchy. He says "shes fixing to foal this week" LOL I have thought that for a month!! I sure hope hes right. Last year he kept saying my mini mare was "fixing to foal" and i kept saying NO shes not due for 2 more months. Unfortunately he was right and she aborted
sad.gif

Her butt is really mushy and her bag is just a bit bigger. She still has yellow sticky milk running down her back legs. My farrier didnt like that at all. Hes afraid shes losing too much

Kay

[SIZE=14pt]Kay dont worry one of our arab mares had milk running down her back legs for a week before she foaled. her colt was fine on his igg test.[/SIZE]

Lyn

what is worrisome is she has been doing this for 6 WEEKS!!!

I hope she has a healthy foal for you soon. I can't imagine what your nerves are like right now! I'm sure everything will be fine.

Patches is certainly a unique individual! Hopefully she foals soon and quits keeping you in suspense!
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

i think im going to bite the bullet and have the vet come and palp her. I really didnt want another vet bill but this is crazy! I cant imagine a maiden mare would have a false pregancy but this is too weird. We have owned her for 3 years and she has never done this. Then again my farrier said it was a waste of money to have her examined as he just knows shes in foal LOL

Kay, I know exactly what you mean about wanting to avoid unneccessary vet bills after all you've been through with that. But I think this time I'd, as you say, bite the bullet. How long can you go on like this? It would be better, one way or the other, to know. First off, if she's not, then although it would be horribly dissappointing, you could at least relax... secondly, if she IS, after all this time, it's easy to become lax in watching, it's human, and if you become to complacient, you could miss it when it's really necessary.

Hugs

[SIZE=14pt]Do you have any pics of her???? Does she look pregnant?[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back