Pasture Pest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manyspots

Reaction score
Every year one foal stands out as the pasture pest. You know the one that never stays with mama and won't leave you alone when your trying to mend fence. This is this years Timberviews Designer Genes. (DZ)

pasturepest.jpg

DZrunning6-27.jpg

These are cute pictures, I don't have any pics now but I can tell you who my little pest is. It's my little Oh Me, Oh My, little Mia is so hilarious. I go in with the grain pail, put grain in each pan and she doesn't eat, just follows me until she gets at least a couple bites from the pail. Sometimes, just to be funny, I'll take about 10 fast steps so I get ahead of her and she'll come running, kicking and twisting and swinging her little head till she catches up to me, like, how dare you do that!

I don't have a baby pasture pest, but my filly is the same way. Your foal is so cute I know if he were mine I wouldn't mind at all
yes.gif

Christy
aktion033.gif

Last edited:
Yep I have one, and it isnt the one I expected. We have one mare here who is a major pest and all of her foals have been as well. HOwever this year the most pesty one is my filly, who also has been worked with the least out of them all. I have handled her enough to get her halter broke, but since she has been at my aunts for breeding(since June) she hasnt been handled much at all. HOwever she is the first one there chewing on you when she gets a chance.

Without a doubt, our's is SR Limited Edition--"Ellie"

babies036.jpg

Ellie and Rufus hitting on a guest:

babies037.jpg

she is closely followed by her cohort in crime, my son's colt Totally Rufus:

babies039.jpg

biggrin.gif
This is a fun thread! Lavonne, looks like your new song will be...."Me and my shadow"
laugh.gif
He was right at your heels following ya
biggrin.gif

Keep the pics coming everyone....this is so fun!

The one in my Avatar. Ernie- he left teeth marks in my bottom last night while I was trying to muck out his stall. I think I could hear him momma laughing while I was hollering.
biggrin.gif

Deb

Here's mine -- although he's actually a dry lot pest.

pastoriusfront-crop.jpg

When I free lunge Mingus, I encourage but don't force Thelonius and Pastorius to join in (it's much bigger than a round pen, but Pastorius is still a yearling, so I'm careful).

After a couple of rounds, Pastorius comes to me and presses himself against my hip, swiveling around in a circle with me as I crack the whip. He does this throughout Mingus' entire workout...perhaps he thinks he's making Mingus run!

This is mine and the way we normaly see her....SCRATCH IT!!!!! This is the one that would demand you scratch or she would kick! We broke her of that
smile.gif

Unique

uniquekick.jpg

uniquefce1%20.jpg

This is the rest of them.....

mules%20.jpg

Well, she's more appropriately called a dry lot pest since we don't have pastures, but our resident in your pocket pest is Smidgen (Holly Lane Farm's Lonely Showgirl):

SMIDGEN%20--%2006262005%20--%201.jpg

Back