Pastern problems

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly recommend the "magic shoes". The make a world of wonders. Janell does a fantasic job setting them up with the horses and explaining to the people how they work. The sooner you get them the sooner they will start strengthing the legs.

Save yourself and your beautiful little baby a whole lot of heartache and just get the Magic Shoes! Don't waste time with trying to do homemade braces if you've never done it before. The ENTIRE leg needs to be supported, not just the weak point. My little dwarf, Cinnamon, spent a year with another person who tried to do the support thing and it just didn't work. The ligaments were torn beyond repair. I was able to get her walking flat in Magic Shoes for about a year but slowly, the damage to the ligaments done at such an early age took over and despite wider and wider extensions, her hoof is turned in. The leg has fused at the ankle and if you don't look at her foot, you can't tell anything is wrong with her as she runs like a banshee! I used Magic Shoes on my first dwarf, Dusty and they literally saved his life. We started with him early and had great success, DON"T WAIT! Fix it now!

Is your baby able to hear? Just a thought as to why she is so hyper sensitive. My two are absolute love bugs, know their names and talk up a storm. Little Cinnamon seems to have more sensitive skin than Dusty does and is very ticklish but loves to be rubbed firmly instead of lightly. I would spend a lot of quiet, gentle time with Fanny. Get down to her level or lower if possible. Most foals of any breed feel threatened by a standing human. Mine crawl into my lap when I sit down!

Your little girl is precious and you are lucky to have her. Love her well. She is truly a special gift. Thank you for taking such good care of her!

Latest posts

Back