Paris is on marestare - FILLY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anyssapark

Reaction score
I have Paris in the stable for the first time tonight.

She is 334 days today, and has 2/3 of an udder (which has come up since yesterday, from nearly nothing). Her milk is opaque and very sticky. pH is testing 7.2 already, so a little more dropping and she should be good to go.

I dont think she is quite ready, but i lost a beautiful filly foal, and almost the mare this morning from a horrible dystocia, (mare was in toxic shock, but is slowly improving - the next 24hours will be critical) and i just want to be 200% sure Paris foals safely.

I have had a horrible day with Princess (mare who lost her baby), and am exhausted, so i will be going to bed early, and ill be up through the night to check on both mares. But Paris is alarmed, so i will be alerted if she starts foaling.

Paris will be let out during the day, and when she is looking close i will move the camera out there as well.

Please call at ANY TIME should you feel i need to be alerted to something. I'd prefer a false alarm, than no alarm at all! :smile1:

CAM LINK http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=anyssapark

This is Paris

972066.jpg

And the foals sire is RFM Boogermans Ultimate Warrior

922019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your foal - sending prayers and healing thoughts for Princess.

Paris is gorgeous and I'm sure she will present you with a fabulous foal before long.
default_yes.gif

Good luck and safe foaling.

How terribly sad, I am so sorry. Cyber hugs

I have Paris up for you
yes.gif

Thank you every one. I just did one last check on Princess before bed, and she is really picking up. Although clearly heartbroken
default_no.gif
She just wants me to stay with her, calling out to me each time i arrive or leave, and following me everywhere while im with her. I just stayed with her for half an hour while she grazed, and then she went back into her stable to watch me leave.

She is eating, drinking, pooping and peeing now, and has color back in her gums. So things are improving for my sweet girl
default_aktion033.gif
Hopefully it continues through the night. She still has some bleeding, and has the nastiest swelling i have seen back there - poor baby. But, these things will heal with time. Im just so glad she is fighting
default_yes.gif

I threw some hay in to Paris earlier, and she has done several small, soft poops in there. Hopefully she hangs out for a night or two so i can concentrate on Princess for a while.
default_wacko.png
And has a nice uneventful foaling when she is ready!!

Thank you all for watching. I need to go to bed, im exhausted. What a day
default_no.gif
I will be up a few times through the night to check on both girls (mainly princess).

Thanks again.

8.45 pm and the cam is down
no.gif

and it is back
aktion033.gif

I'm glad to hear she is still improving. I'm keeping my eye on your facebook updates!

My heart broke when I found my dead filly and broke all over again with Ashanti's grief. Much like Princess she wanted me around all the time and to be honest it was hard for me to be out there in amongst all that grief. Horses certainly can grieve
default_sad.png
:(

My thoughts are with you. Keep fighting Princess, now is the time for that sheer determination that minis usually reserve for finding out "where is the food smell coming from."

will keep Paris up with Suzie tonight Renee,

so sorry to hear of your loss...
default_no.gif
so sad!

praying for an uneventful easy night for all at your property n when Paris decides to foal she has a nice easy GORGEOUS foal for you!!!
default_wub.png

Really sorry to hear of your loss, I couldn't imagine losing one of ours.

I'll watch as often as I can today, she's looking a bit fidgety at the moment so it may be today/tonight?!

Good luck with her and I do hope she foals safely for you
default_smile.png

I forgot to ask Renee before she went to bed if Paris is used to being stabled, i am wondering if she is having a tantrum. Lol

She's lying down... That's it now... I'm not moving!

Oh no! She's up again!

Shes foaling!! Just rang to let her know!! :D

I have a tear in my eye now! First foal i've seen being born!
default_smile.png

WOW good work girls!!

congrats Renee n Paris!! what a good girl!! another beautiful foal n nice n easy!!
default_yes.gif

naw how exciting for you Nakita!!!

I love it every time!!!
default_wub.png

Back