"Paradise Acres Little Britches"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
I received an email from "LB's" new owners this morning telling me that he had left this earth last night. They dont know why, yet, but the vet is doing a necropsy on him and they will let me know when they know.

"LB" was my very 1st Miniature Horse, I bought him in 1994 and never thought I would ever have to sell him (but you all know my circumstances where I was dispersing my herd and he was the last horse to be sold), but just this past May, he went to his new home in WA where he was well-loved and cared for by a family with children.

"LB" and I had a special bond, he knew I loved him "just alittle" more than the others...he was my favorite...my "beastie".

When I sold him I did something I never have before...I put a "buy back clause" on his sales contract, because I always hoped that someday I would get him back...

I am in shock and totally devastated by this news and I was a mess at work, because I had to keep it all in (couldnt cry working with the public!)...I just cant believe he is gone!

Rest in peace, my sweet LB...til we meet again on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge...
crybaby.gif

Here is a pic of him...(not a good one at all, but the only one I could find right now)

"Paradise Acres Little Britches"

36.5" AMHR/PtHA gelding

lbfatso.jpg

That is just so sad. My sincere condolances ((((((HUGS)))))))))

Ginny StP

Linda, I'm so sorry to read this. I wish he could have lived lots longer and, yes, maybe come home to you again. I hope that the pain lessens, soon, and you remember all the joy he brought to you and his new family while he was here.

My thoughts are with you,

Liz M.

Oh Linda, I am so sorry. That is just awful news!

I'm really sorry Linda. I'm sure that his new family is just devasted as well. Let us know if they find out what it was, would you? My condolences..

what a heart wrenching thing to have happen...Hang in there and be supportive of his owners to... I hope they find out what happened.

Linda--

OMG I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know that words can not ease the pain, but I want you to know you are in all of out hearts. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. This forum is a family, and families help eachother in any way possible. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say that.

Keeping you in my prayers, Erin *hugs*

Linda, I am so sorry...sorry that you were forced to sell your baby, sorry that you won't have the chance to be reunited with him. However, I know that you gave him a great life, and that you had found a wonderful new home for him, which is so much more than many horses ever get to experience. With the bond you shared, he'll always be with you.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I still havent heard anything yet about the results, but will let you all know what I find out. Yesturday was a bad day and its weird to tell people that a horse you "used" to own has died (like I shouldnt be upset since he wasnt mine anymore)...Why cant they "get it"?? He may not have been my horse in "possession", but in spirit he was MY horse. I never should've sold him
no.gif

So sorry for your loss, but where he;s at now is perfection, and he is happy and comfortable..my hugs, Maxine

Linda, i am so sorry to hear about your LB....my sincerest thoughts go out to you! jennifer

Oh Linda!

I know you are feeling bad about your boy, and thinking you wished you had not sold him. I had a filly I DID NOT sell one time, when I could have/should have and someone wanted her badly. She died months later of colic, after surgery. I cried and cried and still do over this sweet little filly.

I always wonder too if she would be alive today if I HAD sold her? So I KNOW WHERE you are coming from. Forgive yourself! You did what was right and best for your horse and you. It was his time to go and please remember the wonderful times you had with him and cherish his memories.

I know it hurts! It will get easier over time.

I love you! Beth

Latest posts

Back