Paper Tree

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gemplers packs its products in really neat green paper. I made a paper tree. The trunk is a blossom stem from a yucca that was in our yard. It served as a walking stick for a while, but makes a great trunk. I used florist wire. The stand is some kind of old tool; I have no idea what it was but the middle piece is perfect for the trunk. It was rather fun to make.

papertree.jpg

I subscribe to A Simple Life magazine. One of the contributors says she makes trees. She buys a fake tree that has nice-looking branches, then looks for a good tree trunk. She drills holes in the trunk and adds the fake branches. She gets an interesting-looking feather tree type look. Lots of trees would work; I just happened to have a yucca stem. The yucca flowered about 15 years ago when we lived in NM and it's still sound and sturdy. No yuccas here in OK either! I'd probably use a juniper if I worked with something local.

An old floor lamp base makes a good tree stand. One could go elegant or primitive with that.

Man o man are you creative! What a cute tree! Inspires me....
default_thumbup.gif

Back