Paper Stall bedding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And wait till you spread them out across the pasture, after the first rain or two, they will be gone, they literally decompose very quickly.
Oh, that's really good to know, Angela! I use my manure spreader several times a week and fast decomposition is important here. Shavings tend to sit on top of the clay soil in my pasture.

We use a similar thing except it is corrugated cardboard. The Pee drains though the bedding and then soaks from the bottom up so it keeps the top layer dry. You just flick the top layer to the side and scoop out the clump of wet, EASY, not dusty and the horses don't eat it!! It also composts in 4-6 weeks.

PC140143.jpg

PA160024.jpg

P8010023.jpg

here is there website.

http://airliteusa.com/index.html

We have a shredder at work and lots of paper so if I go in and start shredding will this basically be the same idea? I think I will do that today and give it a try. Gees I would love to get rid of all the dust in the stalls. Not to mention it would be totally free to me to do it myself. What a money saving idea that would be. It would also be alot lighter to carry around than bags of pellets or shavings. I'm glad this post was started.

Latest posts

Back