Papaya Enzyme chewables

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen M White

Reaction score
I have read that some people give these daily as a preventative for colic, but how much do you give? Is there a best time of day to give them? I was thinking as a treat when i turn them out in the morning. They taste pretty good, so i think they will like them.

Thank you!!

Having just ordered 2 more BOTTLES of Stomach Soother (pureed payaya) I would be most interested in where you get the chewables??? I think this is a great concept! I fed the puree on/with the feed because it stimulates appetite and tastes good (as you found). I think the puree will still be better for mixing with medication, but I love the idea of the chewables. I just encouraged my feed store to re-stock the packets of the puree (Stomach Soother) which would be great to travel with (i.e. in your show first aid kit). A dose (5-10 cc) can ease the pain of colic or ulcers.

Hmmm, i will look for the packets! That sounds perfect just to keep handy also. I have th Sundown brand from Meijer, but probably any brand would be good. I am going to check Walmart to see if they are cheaper there. I'm just not sure how many to give. It says one chewable for an adult after meals as needed.

I wonder also if there is a difference between these and the packets or puree?

you can get them from Walmart... I give all mine 3 tabs each all but my filly and she gets 2.. and that is 2x a day

Latest posts

Back