Panic time....it's Holly again

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O BOY...O BOY...O BOY!!!!!
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

Sounds like Holly is getting close! You are doing all the right things Marty.
yes.gif
I wouldn't worry TOO much about her not "bagging up". As others have mentioned, some maidens do, some don't. My dear Missy always had a bag like a Holstein cow & it would get humungous & very tight before foaling. But my mare who just foaled her 3rd baby never gets what I call "bagged up". She does have a bag...but it's soft & flabby until the day before foaling when it just gets a tiny bit firmer. It's a VERY subtle change with her! But Holly should at least be "puffy" in her bag by now. Hang in there...you are in for the time of your life!
laugh.gif

Marty - hang in there!
saludando.gif

Hoping for an update from you soon.

NEWS???

JJ

We need to know Marty!! Pleaseeeee......

(You are lucky Holly is going to foal. Maggie's due date has come and gone,, so I guess no foal for me this year. Sigh ~ ~)

HI All, ga mornin,,,,,,,

Fetus did not come out to meet us last night.
no.gif

I spent a few hours camping in Holly's stall last night.

Dang those barn swallers!
ohmy.gif

I had Holly on colic watch. She was not "right" and I don't think little Fetus was the problem, so after I stayed in the stall with her I took her for quite a walk. She started to roll on me. She had been terribly gassy and not passing her normal amount of manure. After walking around all over the place with me in the dang rain for a while, she began to let of and un-godly amount of gas and finally passed a lot of manure and seemed to feel a whole lot better after we did that.

It wasn't any kind of full blown colic, but could have been a touch of it. She seems just fine now. Whew! What a night. As long as she and Fetus are up and at'em I think we do not have any problems now. She's all muddy from rolling in the mud so bath is in order later on. Musnt' let Fetus know her mother is really DIRTY HOLLY!

Hi Judy,
aktion033.gif
Holly has not been exposed to any fescue grass or hay at all in nearly 4 months now. I have had her strictly in the dry lot area, with hay that has no fescue in it at all, and alfalfa hay too.

Thanks for all this information you are sharring. I mean thanks a ton too. I study every bit of everything you guys tell me so I appreciate all this input.

I would like to take pictures later on so you guys can see what she looks like.

Sounds like you did all the right things.

You don't need me to tell you that however!!!

Just glad everything is ok with Holly now!

JJay

Thanks for the update, Marty!!! Glad Holly's feeling a bit better today!!
yes.gif

Hi ya Marty, Glad Holly and the fetus are doing good this morning... I bet that the fetus was sitting on something in there so poor Holly couldnt go right! Does she look any more pregnant then she did in the last picture you posted?

Wow, you know pregnant mares, too many pickles and ice cream! Glad she feels better. Baby was probably laying on a bad place and she needed to relieve it.

When our horses have a tummy ache, my daughter tells me " opps they went down to the Taco Bus!" Scraggly looking thing that is. But glad you caught it and all is well. She is just testing you Marty! Tell her to enjoy her bath.

Marty:

We're all looking forward to the birth of fetus. Holly is one blessed mare to have such a wonderful owner who loves her dearly and takes such wonderful care of her. I think you have another great book in the making. Holly should narrate all the funny and loving things you've done and gone through to help her become a mom. I'm sure it would be full of laughs and acts of endearment. Thanks for keeping all of us informed. May God's angels surround all of you with their presence and love.

God bless,

Joan

Just had to jump in here, I do so enjoy your writings! I can picture events happening just by your wording. When you mentioned Holly's bag not big have you checked it in the evening and morning to see if it is larger than during the day time when when she is probably more active? that also would not be unusual.

Keep us posted. I will be away a few days before long and hope I don't miss the blesssed event! (warning when our mares are in labor, I being a mother (many years ago) have labor pains and cramps right with the mares! ha!) Lavonne

Latest posts

Back