PANACUR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
I have purchased a bottle of Panacur liquid to give Willow and Bailey the 5 day double dose.

Panacur is very expensive here @ $100 a 1 litre bottle! We don't have smaller bottles available here, and there is no paste form available either. It will go bad before I ever used all of it.

So, I was thinking of using it as part of my worming program in single doses throughout the year also.

[SIZE=14pt]*Which worms does it NOT target? I'll use an all wormer at other times to get the other types.[/SIZE]

*Also, should I be able to see any eggs or worms in the poop after this treatment or are they too small for the naked eye to see?

* If both horses are carrying a small encysted strongyles load, how long until I notice a change in Willow's belly size? She's quite bloated still even though her diarrhea has stopped.

xox Leonie xox

Panacure is Fenbendazole and is effective against roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, certain tapeworms and parasites called strongyles and strongyloides. Fenbendazole is also effective against certain parasites of the bronchial tree and lungs (Aelurostrongylus and Paragonimiasis).

You may see worms within 24 to 48 hours if they have a load of them. Generally you should do this January, March, May, July and once in the fall after the frost has hit.

Rotating with Ivermectin and Pyrantol Pomoate.

I am sure others will chime in here.

Latest posts

Back