Pally pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel953

Reaction score
Chasing info on what i could slip into my pony's hard feed (just basic pellets and a bit of chaff) to really bring out her coat colour? She's a light cream palomino but i want to see if i can't get her to golden up or even get some dapples... anything i could try? Thanks x is spring here in Australia

Attachments

• 20211018_054203.jpg
    20211018_054203.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 8
I use a little oil, either the stuff that Santa Cruz has which is a flax blend or "Healthy Coat" which is also a blend, whichever I can get when I need it. I give 1-2 tablespoons once a day. Keeping a fly sheet on will help with fading :).

Thank you very much, she has a mesh rug on now but will look into oils. Flax based hey?

She has the sweetest face! lovely little mare either way!

Edit:
Not sure what happened there! It said there was an error so I tried to post it again and it went double. Probably because she is doubly cute!!!

If you don't want to mess with oil, its, well messy. Stabilized ground flax for horses is a good choice, 1/2-1oz weight daily for most miniatures is plenty to get the Omega 3 fatty acid benefits of flax and shouldn't cause weight gain (a 60cc supplement scoop hold 1 ounce of ground flax). [FYI a tablespoon is 15cc.]

Chasing info on what i could slip into my pony's hard feed (just basic pellets and a bit of chaff) to really bring out her coat colour? She's a light cream palomino but i want to see if i can't get her to golden up or even get some dapples... anything i could try? Thanks x is spring here in Australia
I don't have any knowledge to share on your color questions but I wanted to say she is adorable 😍 A real cutie;)

Latest posts

Back