Packaging for Mini Feed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
while on a recent trip to NM, we stopped into a feed store. The representatives of Nutrena feed were there and we had a great discussion. We use bermuda hay here in OK, but in NM they use timothy. So we talked about hay and pasture, sweet feeds and grains. I told him there were lots of miniature horse owners who would love to buy feed in smaller containers, rather than 40-50# bags. They were totally receptive to the idea of packaging their products for that market. I told him it was worth it to me to pay more per pound for a smaller size, just so I wouldn't have this huge bag of feed getting stale before I could use it up. He also asked me to weigh out everything my horse eats and send him the numbers. He would run an analysis and let me know if it was a balanced diet. Now, if only I could find his card! I know I stuck it in my suitcase somewhere...

Marsha

Nor would I pay more for less 50 LB bags are just fine IMO.. Kept in a garbage can type cantainer or Rubber maid type sealed tight to keep it fresh and bug free...Works just fine.

I don't know if I'd pay more, but I wish the feed was packaged in say 20 lb. sizes. We only have 3 horses, so if we want to try a different feed, or if someone needs a different one for a while, it takes a LONG time to go through it.

We had one ration-balancer that was only for one horse and the stuff molded before we got half thru it.

So I would suggest to the feed companies that they consider smaller packages as well.

Roxane

Latest posts

Back