Pacific Smart Carts - How Good?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endurostorm

Reaction score
Hiya

I and my sister are doing research on the best all around mini horse cart for street, pleasure, desert, rough, rocky, sandy terrain driving? I specifically would like to know more details about the Pacific Smart Cart from long term users/owners that have had them and been using them and anyone that has had one and has an opinion about them?

I can't seem to find any more recent discussions and comments and feedback about the Pacific Smart Cart than this list from 2009. Well two years have gone by. How are the Smart Cart's continuing to hold up?

Are they the 'BEST' ride out there in comfort with the air bags? Are the air bags problem free, maintenance free? Can these carts travel well through sand and deeper arena footings? Are they worth the $3k price? How do they compare with a leaf spring cart? I also heard rumor that some of them had weld problems quite a few years ago and this may be the reason 'why' they don't allow a US distributor now and you can only buy direct from Canada.

Does anyone know anyone in the Southern California area that owns one that I can see in person? Does anyone know of one used and where are you finding the used sales ad's? Lots of questions i know but if this cart is going on my obsessed wish list to save for i really do want to see and drive one in person and not walk in blindly for this kind money or is it just an expensive nice cart that i'll be just as happy with an amazing wood easy entry with good steel wheels and leaf spring or U or C spring. I'd like to specifically hear pros and cons about the Pacific Smart Cart? Thanks in advance.

Kathy & Never

Off topic... I hope you get answers... But where in CA do you live?

Why is this off topic? I think I should have posted to the Driving Forum i just did so my apologies if this is off topic. I'm in San Fernando Valley. We know each other.
default_smile.png
Email me privately. My neighbor and good friend has your old mini gelding Biggs
default_smile.png

Kathy

Why is this off topic? I think I should have posted to the Driving Forum i just did so my apologies if this is off topic. I'm in San Fernando Valley. We know each other.
default_smile.png
Email me privately. My neighbor and good friend has your old mini gelding Biggs
default_smile.png

Kathy

No, I think disneyhorse meant her answer is off topic, not your topic!
default_biggrin.png

I would LOVE one of those carts, just can't swing it right now....
default_sad.png

OH!! hahaha got it.
default_smile.png
thanks. I did notice that my previous forum search had the discussion about carts in Driving forum so oops! my bad.

No, I think disneyhorse meant her answer is off topic, not your topic!
default_biggrin.png

I would LOVE one of those carts, just can't swing it right now....
default_sad.png

Sorry that ended up sounding awkward but yes, I was saying I was off topic, not you!!

I would love to see pictures of Biggs!!!

I will message you when I'm not on my phone...

e-mail me privately about carts

IMG_0208.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The Smart Cart is excellent and one of the best around. It is very adjustable. I personally used to have one and now have a Bellcrown Aerocrown, that I like even better for the horse's sake. It is quite a bit lighter, and the ride is excellent. I found absolutely NO quality issues for the Smart Cart.

Thanks so much Amy. I looked at the Bellcrown/Aerocrowns but ruled it out immediately due to the foot bar. its too much of a risk of tripping danger for myself and my disabled sister. Really like the cart otherwise.

Kathy

The Smart Cart is excellent and one of the best around. It is very adjustable. I personally used to have one and now have a Bellcrown Aerocrown, that I like even better for the horse's sake. It is quite a bit lighter, and the ride is excellent. I found absolutely NO quality issues for the Smart Cart.

The only issue I had with the Smart Cart was that it sank in deep soft footing and embarrassed the heck out of me at Equine Affaire a few years ago. The last time I used it. I haven't driven since, keep saying I am going to take it on the trail but haven't gotten the nerve up to try but I want to before I decide if I am going to keep it or get rid of it.

I really loved the foot room and the thought of no flat tires, but never want to be in that situation ever again. It was humiliating.

Hey Franks family, I would love to come see your carts and maybe try one on one my my A horses, I really like the look of them. You and Bob have done a gread job designing them. Would love to come up some weekend, just let me know when would be good. We will be taking Primetime back to Wooster soon, maybe we could combine the trip?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Smart Cart, but did find them heavy, perhaps the Pacific Trail Cart would be lighter? I like the look of Frank's cart as well. I bought a G & S Trail cart with 24" steel w/rubber wheels a year ago this October, and I love it. It is nice and light, yet still has a classy enough look to it. I also bought a set of heavy wire w/pneumatic wheels that are interchangeable for when I must drive in deep footing...something to consider.

Back