Overseas sales

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMHA. I understand there was an AMHR show in Europe last year, but the horses I sold overseas were sold only because they are AMHA.

AMHA made had a big campaign overseas a few years ago and there are now many AMHA shows overseas. So, some over there are hardshipping their horses into AMHA and many others are buying Amha horses in the US and exporting them.

I have heard of some AMHR horses being sold over seas, then I think the buyers are hardshipping them into AMHA. The problem here is that they measure different overseas. Not at the last mane hair, but at the withers, so they need much smaller horses over there.

I think there was a rule change that AMHA is not allowing hardshipping overseas.

I could be wrong but i think i remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have more AMHA horses showing as we have more shows for them.

We do have the ICAMH now and they organize AMHA/AMHR shows, so the interest in AMHR horses will increase a little, I think.

Like Riverdance said we do measure different here in Europe (at the withers) therefore we do like our horses smaller. So I (personally) don't expect a huge run on exporting AMHR miniature horses to Europe.

[SIZE=12pt]Hi,[/SIZE]

I would first like to let everyone know that ASPC/AMHR has now formed a International Committee , as we felt there was a great need to spread our wings . the committee members are

Chairman -- Belinda Bagby,, Marianne Eberth , Jim Curry , Suzanne Rogers , Micheal Goodwin (New Zealand)

At this time I am corresponding with Roswitha Boensma who is the President of the ICAMH of Europe. So we are going to be working on getting rule books, Journals and any other info we can there.. Also we will be working on what it might take to get more shows licensed ..

I do understand that you measure at the wither instead of the last hair .. But AMHR does have a very large number of under 34" horses, actually they do out number the over 34".

The AMHR National show is the Largest Small Equine show held in the United States. With well over 1,500 horses competing.

We will be working very hard to make it easier for those over seas to participate in the ASPC /AMHR , if anyone is having trouble or needs help with your communication with the office please please contact myself or one of the other committee members and we will see what we can do to help.

Way to go AMHR International committee
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

It might take a couple of years, but I suspect that the AMHR horses will "take off" like they have done here in the USA -- it wasn't all that long ago that the Under 34" horse was "the one to have" and as such the AMHA dominated that size. However, with the advent of driving/performance horses so many breeders are content to have horses that are a little larger - in fact many people have completely switched out of the Under 34 to the Over 34 division - the best part of AMHR is that it doesn't matter - there are classes for both divisions - and the competition is tougher and tougher every year!

I am excited about the overseas clients finally having a venue in which to campaign their Over 34" horses that is recognized by the AMHR, lots of work for all, but well worth it - can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Stacy

I have sold so far, 8 horses overseas. The breakdown is as follows:

The first 4 were sold to Switzerland. They were...

AMHR 36" mare and her weanling filly, so filly would also be AMHR only.

AMHR 36" mare

AMHA/AMHR 2 year old filly

The next 4 went to Slovenia, and they were:

AMHA/AMHR Stallion

AMHA/AMHR Mare in foal to AMHR only stallion, making resulting foal AMHR eligible only.

AMHA/AMHR mare

AMHA/AMHR yearling filly.

I am so excited about the ASPC/AMHR international committee. I think this is a tremendous step forward for all of us!

Well Belinda I guess I have to get more information about the AMHR and it's horses.
default_biggrin.png

I know Roswhita Boensma, she is a friend of me and my husband, but I must admit that I have never read up on the AMHR.

When we buy a horse, we buy it for it's show quality and quite honestly don't care which registration it has.

To us it is important if we can take the horse to enough shows in the show season.

Can you tell me where I can read some more about the AMHR?

You made me curious.

And if what you say is true there may be more AMHR miniature horses comming into Europe in the near future and my husband and I like to know as much as possible about the horses we transport.
default_smile.png

Can you tell me where I can read some more about the AMHR?

You made me curious.

And if what you say is true there may be more AMHR miniature horses comming into Europe in the near future and my husband and I like to know as much as possible about the horses we transport.
default_smile.png
Hi ,

I would be more than happy to give you the web site for the ASPC /AMHR AMHR / ASPC Web site If I can give you any other information please just let me know. We will be trying to get rule books and some Journals along with membership informatio etc. sent to the ICAMH CLUB soon ..

One thing that no one has pointed out regarding AMHR. They may have the largest Nationals, but that is because no horse has to qualify to be in the Nationals. As long as they go to two AMHR shows they can go to the Nationals, even if they placed last at every show and in every class. They also only need to be entered in one class at the two shows that they go to, to qualify. They could enter only the color class at both shows and get to go to the Nationals and enter all of the classes.

AMHA requires the horses to qualify with so many points in each class before they can be entered at the World Show. Thus eliminating hundreds of horses. If AMHA changed their rules to be the same as AMHR, the World show may also be larger, but then classes would go well into the wee hours of the morning like they do at AMHR.

I have shown both AMHA and AMHR and the one thing I have found with AMHR is that they are a pony club with a Miniature registry. Pony people run this club, not Miniature horse people. I have nothing against AMHR, I only have the time and resources to show one registry, (all of my horses are double registered) but I decided to go AMHA because it is a Miniature horse club for only Miniature horses.

Last I knew BOTH registries are HEIGHT registries. [i do show both and all my horses are double registered.] There are also quite a few aspc/amhr/amha horses registered in this country. Plus I would much rather compete and win in a class that has 70 plus entries than 30. It may be easier to qualify to show at AMHR nationals but it is much more difficult to WIN at AMHR nationals.

I have shown both AMHA and AMHR and the one thing I have found with AMHR is that they are a pony club with a Miniature registry. Pony people run this club, not Miniature horse people. I have nothing against AMHR, I only have the time and resources to show one registry, (all of my horses are double registered) but I decided to go AMHA because it is a Miniature horse club for only Miniature horses.
Hello,

Without getting into a big debate and trying to pit one against the other , May I say in regards to the Qualifying statement , I can go to ONE show ONE weekend and qualify for AMHA !!
default_yes.gif
Last year I went to a show in Oklahoma ,very small show, I took 6 horses and all of them qualified to go to Worlds that weekend.. !! Yes AMHR you do not have to qualify with points , but you have to show Under 4 judges at TWO different locations .. So not sure where you feel there is so much difference . AND how is AMHA (in a quote from you ) (Thus eliminating hundreds of horses. ) And also not sure when the last time you attended AMHR Nationals , but for the most part our classes are over no later than Midnight . We also have the great Midnight rule.. So there are no WEE hours of the morning..

Next to address your statement of ""Pony People run this Registry"" That is a very incorrect statement, Our board several years ago opened up the Director seats and now we have one Pony seat and one Open seat from every area.. Thus we have about a equal mix of Miniature and Pony representatives that sit on the Board .. And the AMHR registry is For MINIATURE Horses ..

If it has been some time since you attended AMHR Nationals maybe you ought to try it again , I think you will see the competition is extremely tuff , and the people are really having a great time..

I believe our industry has room for both organizations and we have to stop pitting one against the other.. In this day and time most people are active in both .. And One is NO better than the other.. I think that they both have their place and both are great for the Miniature Horses..

Last I knew BOTH registries are HEIGHT registries. [i do show both and all my horses are double registered.] There are also quite a few aspc/amhr/amha horses registered in this country. Plus I would much rather compete and win in a class that has 70 plus entries than 30. It may be easier to qualify to show at AMHR nationals but it is much more difficult to WIN at AMHR nationals.

I do not think it is any easier or harder at either Nationals to win. You just have more entries in AMHR because there is no qualifying, so you may have 70 horses in your class, but perhaps 30 to 40 of them would never have qualified if AMHR had their horses qualify in order to get to the Nationals. AMHA just takes care of that before the World show.

There is nothing wrong with either club, and yes they are both height registries, but, AMHR is really a pony club where it was easier to get Shetlands down to 36 to 38" but much harder to get them down to 34" and under.

You could not be on the board in AMHR unless you had been breeding and showing Ponies for at least 5 years. They would not let a Miniature person on the board. Recently in the last few years I have heard they have allowed one Miniature breeder on the board, so the club is still run by and judged by pony people and pony judges.

I have nothing against Shetlands either, but if I wanted to breed Ponies I would be ASPC and At the Shetland Classics. I want to breed Miniature horses in the under 34" height, so I have chosen AMHA to be where I show. That does not make one club better than the other, nor does it make the AMHR Nationals Better than the AMHA Worlds because they have more entries. They just have more entries because no one has to qualify, so therefore the classes are bigger, it does not make them harder to win.

[

You could not be on the board in AMHR unless you had been breeding and showing Ponies for at least 5 years. They would not let a Miniature person on the board. Recently in the last few years I have heard they have allowed one Miniature breeder on the board, so the club is still run by and judged by pony people and pony judges.

I have nothing against Shetlands either, but if I wanted to breed Ponies I would be ASPC and At the Shetland Classics. I want to breed Miniature horses in the under 34" height, so I have chosen AMHA to be where I show. That does not make one club better than the other, nor does it make the AMHR Nationals Better than the AMHA Worlds because they have more entries. They just have more entries because no one has to qualify, so therefore the classes are bigger, it does not make them harder to win.
Ok, guess you did not see my post ??? Can you please tell me the ONE board member who is the Miniature breeder ?? Because I think there are several !! I am a board member , And last I knew I was considered a Miniature breeder. Lee Dill is on the board, not sure she has ever bred anything other than Miniatures and dogs.. Dolores Williams she is a Minature Breeder , Jim Curry a board member , Miniature Breeder , Laurie Villalpando miniature breeder, Ray Kovarik, Miniature breeder..

And not sure those people in those Driving classes with 70 feel that 30 or 40 didn't belong there.. or that they were easy to win, I am also a Judge and let me tell you those classes are very tuff, sure not a cake walk !!!!!!!

Hello,

Without getting into a big debate and trying to pit one against the other , May I say in regards to the Qualifying statement , I can go to ONE show ONE weekend and qualify for AMHA !!
default_yes.gif
Last year I went to a show in Oklahoma ,very small show, I took 6 horses and all of them qualified to go to Worlds that weekend.. !! Yes AMHR you do not have to qualify with points , but you have to show Under 4 judges at TWO different locations .. So not sure where you feel there is so much difference . AND how is AMHA (in a quote from you ) (Thus eliminating hundreds of horses. ) And also not sure when the last time you attended AMHR Nationals , but for the most part our classes are over no later than Midnight . We also have the great Midnight rule.. So there are no WEE hours of the morning..

Next to address your statement of ""Pony People run this Registry"" That is a very incorrect statement, Our board several years ago opened up the Director seats and now we have one Pony seat and one Open seat from every area.. Thus we have about a equal mix of Miniature and Pony representatives that sit on the Board .. And the AMHR registry is For MINIATURE Horses ..

If it has been some time since you attended AMHR Nationals maybe you ought to try it again , I think you will see the competition is extremely tuff , and the people are really having a great time..

I believe our industry has room for both organizations and we have to stop pitting one against the other.. In this day and time most people are active in both .. And One is NO better than the other.. I think that they both have their place and both are great for the Miniature Horses..
As I said, I am not pitting one against the other. And neither club is better than the other. I just prefer AMHA. I have actually been to more AMHR Nationals than AMHA World shows and one of my stallions is a AMHR Reserve National Champion in halter, as well as one of my mares who is also a Reserve National Champion in Single Pleasure Driving. I do have to admitt that I have not been to a AMHR National for the last 3 years, so perhaps it has changed some. I also found that when I went to the AMHR shows, if it came down to a Mini or a pony, the pony always won. That too could have changed in the last few years.

As for qualifying. You may have been able to do it at one show for AMHA, but you had to win or place high in each class to do that. That says a lot about your horses. As again, you have to qualify for each class that you enter at the AMHA World.

What I am saying is the amount of horses that go to the AMHR shows that have never won a class anywhere and perhaps have always placed last in the class that they entered to get to the Nationals.

What frustrates me is how AMHR always talks about how big their Nationals are compaired to the AMHA World show. They are only that large because there is no qualifying, anyone can go to the AMHR Nationals by just going to two shows under 4 judges, and they only have to enter one class at each show. Then can enter as many classes as they would like at the Nationals. Making the classes hugh at the AMHR Nationals.

Again, this does not make one club better than the other. I have to emphsise this over and over,both clubs age good clubs, but the competition of who has a bigger National/World show and comments about how the AMHR Nationals is so much bigger, are really built on the fact of qualifying virses not qualifying.

AMHA eliminates the ones that can not win or only get lower places with little competition. Thus, less entries for their World show. They are run more like an AKC dog show, like Westminster, where one has to qualify to get to that show. Which is what I am most used to, so perhaps that is why I prefer AMHA. Not everyone can go to one or two shows and get their horses qualified for the AMHA World show.

Again, this does not make one registry better than the other. But AMHR has to stop talking about how hugh their Nationals are when there is no qualifying.

As for the board being open to Miniature people too, then that has to be pretty new, as the last time I went to the Nationals, it was still run by pony people. I am really glad to hear that Miniature Horse people have more say in that club, as they make up the majority of its members, or at least used to.

AMHA eliminates the ones that can not win or only get lower places with little competition. Thus, less entries for their World show. They are run more like an AKC dog show, like Westminster, where one has to qualify to get to that show. Which is what I am most used to, so perhaps that is why I prefer AMHA. Not everyone can go to one or two shows and get their horses qualified for the AMHA World show.

Again, this does not make one registry better than the other. But AMHR has to stop talking about how hugh their Nationals are when there is no qualifying.
Not sure I would compare them to Westminster
default_new_shocked.gif
And you keep wanting to say there is NO Qualifing for AMHR which YOU are WRong , YOU MUST GO TO 2 Shows, show under 4 separate Judges , You just don't gather Points , but yet I can take a horse to 6 or more AMHA shows , place last ( if enough entries ) finally get 6 points or 5 or maybe the class that only requires 1 or 2 points , and Least you foget there are a lot of 0 point classes for AMHA , and please don't forget the Hardship rule , for those that can not find enough horses to compete againist to gain their points
default_wacko.png
and they let attend, and you still can go to World and show..!!
Not sure how you feel this is so much harder or better.. I really was not going to go into all of this , but you Keep saying AMHR Has to stop talking about how large their show is. ?? Well not thinking that they really need to do that , as numbers are numbers .. And at this time they are the Largest Small Equine Show in America..

Ok I am not off my soap box and bet some of you are really glad.... <<<LOL>>>
default_saludando.gif

One thing i can say..the cream always raises to the top. If there are 70 horses or 40 horses in a class usually it's the better horses that are in the top 10.

Latest posts

Back