Overo Pintos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
I am counting down. I have only have about 2 weeks before my loud overo stud arrives in MISSISSIPPI

I am so excited

Share you overo with me while I wait.I would love a few overo mares to breed to him
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Share with us who you got your overo pintos from?
double20vision.jpg

Here are a few pics of my 31" Bay Frame Overo stallion "Apache"

ApacheGood0001.JPG

ApacheShowCroppedSmall.jpg

ApacheSnowRunJan09a0001.JPG

2009_05_18_ApacheStrut0001.JPG

Apache is the only Overo I have now, since he is my only stallion....can't breed him to Overo (LWO) mares.

Most of my mares do carry Splash & Sabino tho.

I have 2 Splash Overos!
default_laugh.png

First is
default_wub.png

Desert Realms Bejeweled Design - aka: Ember

She is Maximum Expression - Home-grown / Her Sire "Design" (Fallen Ash Farms Mine By Design) is Owned by Debault Farms and She's Out of the Mare Below :)

Emberhead3monthsold2.JPG

Ember3monthsoldstand2009.JPG

Then there is Ember's Dam "Sapphire"

Lazy Bear Lady Sapphire

She is a minimal Splash Overo 1 Blue Eye and 2 Hind Socks with Same White of her Face.

Imagine my Surprise when she had Ember lol
default_new_shocked.gif

edited to Add: I got her, from Colorado about an hour away from me

and I don't think the Person I bought her from or her Breeders are into

Miniatures anymore

SapphireHead2009.JPG

SapphireStandHalter2009.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png
nice ones keep them coming.

So do you have better luck get loud pinto from your LWO?

Are the ones that throw the loudest pintos in your case solid lwo or neg lwo loud pinto?

I would love some loud marked pinto foals
default_biggrin.png

I have one mare who had the black pinto(mia) for me in 2008 the black pinto filly dam (fancy) is homozygous for tobiano,so we know she will have color.

She(fancy) is bred to a appy Little Americas Silver Keepsake a stud I used to owned for april or may foal the foal will be pinto or Pintaloosa

I plan to bred this mare to my loud black overo stud for 2010 foal the foal will be pinto bay or black

My newest mare is an overaloosa she is out of a wild colored bay overo stallion, Mini Bits RF Snowdrifter, I got her from Timberview Miniatures!

Timberviews Buttons and Bows:

IMAG026.JPG

I also am borrowing a red roan overo sabino mare for a 2010 foal:

Kaycee Freckles Playgirl (owned by Kaycee Miniature Horses in Iowa)

headshots028.jpg

I have a few tobianos and solids that have blue eyes as well which is supposed to be an overo gene:

Maple Hollows Phlash of Fireworks

Ellie009.jpg

and Woodland Acres Dixie Chick (one blue eye)

IMAG028.JPG

it all Depends on the roll of the Genetic Dice.

Sapphire's Dam was a LOUD 50/50 (Splash X Tobiano) Color to white and her Sire was a Pinto

and look at her lol ;-) then there's Ember (Sire is Tobiano X ???? either Splash or Frame) I was expecting a Solid or Minimal Marked Foal - Proved me wrong
default_rolleyes.gif

I owned Sapphire's Half Sister Jazz, She is Homozygous for Tobiano but she only had 15% Percent White on her, When Jazz was Bred to a Solid Cremello her Filly had the Exact Same White Percentage.

I think for the Best Color Patterns - "Wildly Marked"

I LOVE the Splash X Tobiano

and the Frame X Tobiano

Sapphire is back in Foal for May and she is Bred to a Black Pinto (Tobiano X Sabino) it will be very interesting to see what she has :)

Share with us who you got your overo pintos from?

ped2.jpg

littleguy.jpg

These 2 Splash Overo foals are sired by this our minimal Splash stallion. The only white he has is the snip. No other white.

11111111111111111111111111111122-1.jpg

Then for frame overos..

These are sired by a frame stallion that we no longer own. He wasn't real loud, so to speak, but pretty obvious a frame.

Hawk1.jpg

Here are 2 of his daughters.

1hypnotic2.jpg

rocknroll.jpg

ped2.jpg

littleguy.jpg

These 2 Splash Overo foals are sired by this our minimal Splash stallion. The only white he has is the snip. No other white.

11111111111111111111111111111122-1.jpg

Then for frame overos..

These are sired by a frame stallion that we no longer own. He wasn't real loud, so to speak, but pretty obvious a frame.

Hawk1.jpg

Here are 2 of his daughters.

1hypnotic2.jpg

rocknroll.jpg

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_new_shocked.gif
wow loud pinto foals very cute.

my stud came from Kayla with Horseshue Miniatures in New York. He was bred by Laurel Acres.

He is grandson of NFC fire and ice

I have heard some solid with minimal white have very loud foals go figure

we have breed to pinto together and got solids. I have breed to two eyes pinto to each other and got brown eye foals as well

i have also breed two brown eyed miniatures and got blue eyed foals

I have heard some solid with minimal white have very loud foals go figure

we have breed to pinto together and got solids. I have breed to two eyes pinto to each other and got brown eye foals as well

And sometimes the opposite happens.
default_smile.png

Here is a very minimal frame out of the loud frame mare shown above and the minimal splash stallion.

hypnoticcolt.jpg

I have heard folks breeding a pair that gave a loud pinto then next time solid. We never know what we are going to get

i can never get my pictures to post, but i have a few mares/fillies on my website www.willowtreeminiatures.com i have a bay overo and she came from a lady who is out of the mini business. she goes back to rowdy. my champagne mare's sire is a splash and i have his picture on my website. she has a blaze face and a partial blue eye. i have a palomino overo, two sorrel sabinos, a black sabino... i love overos!

mbhorses... i love your new stallion, congratulations, he is very attractive!

dona... i am also fond of your stallion apache as well.
default_smile.png

very nice mare from maple hollow... i am am jealous.
default_wink.png

valley view... what can i say
default_wub.png
i am in love
default_wub.png

default_wub.png
thanks willow for the nice comment about my new stud. I am excited

Everyone has nice overo thanks for sharing

williow I love your minis.

williow You can send the palomino overo mare to me for my stud
default_biggrin.png

The overo color on our pintos all comes from Rowdy!

This gray frame overo mare (CC Call Me Awesome daughter out of Blue Boy bred mare) was crossed with our Tobiano/splash Rowdy/Buckeroo bred stallion (LWO-) to get this wild tovero who is turning gray:

The black and white head belongs to our gelding who is 3/8 Rowdy and likely also tovero (LWO+) but not tested.

All three have one blue eye - also from Rowdy.

meetingcowboy2750.jpg

Sky, Splash Overoloosa, LWO negative

DSC_0104.jpg

Trouble, Splash Overo/appaloosa bred

22043_227381879612_224524494612_3135735_1265972_n.jpg

Sage, Splash Overo/Appaloosa bred

22043_227228874612_224524494612_3134433_1266869_n.jpg

Tango, splash overo, tobiano, LWO negative

22043_225958599612_224524494612_3125288_4124621_n.jpg

default_wub.png
nice ones keep them coming.So do you have better luck get loud pinto from your LWO?

Are the ones that throw the loudest pintos in your case solid lwo or neg lwo loud pinto?

I would love some loud marked pinto foals
default_biggrin.png

I have one mare who had the black pinto(mia) for me in 2008 the black pinto filly dam (fancy) is homozygous for tobiano,so we know she will have color.

She(fancy) is bred to a appy Little Americas Silver Keepsake a stud I used to owned for april or may foal the foal will be pinto or Pintaloosa

I plan to bred this mare to my loud black overo stud for 2010 foal the foal will be pinto bay or black
You increase your chances of getting LOUD pinto foals, by incorporating as many pinto genes as you can in the breeding pair. For instance....Apache's sire "LTDs Moonstruck" carried LWO (Frame) Sabino & Tobiano...and possibly Splash. So, when I bred him to mares who also carried multiple pinto genes (LWO negative of course!) .....the odds are VERY high that you will get loud pinto babies.....which I DID most of the time. Here are just a sample of the foals I got from him. And Apache is well on his way of doing the same thing.
default_yes.gif

MayZTrotLeft.jpg

MoJo2004WorldShow2.jpg

Monty_2009.jpg

MayZYearlingBathRight1.jpg

LacyLiberty1OriginalCropped.jpg

SpiritVideo70001.JPG

IvyBathLeft1.jpg

LacyFoalColorRight.jpg

KokoPartialClip50001.JPG

IvySnow2004A.jpg

default_wub.png
thanks willow for the nice comment about my new stud. I am excitedEveryone has nice overo thanks for sharing

williow I love your minis.

williow You can send the palomino overo mare to me for my stud
default_biggrin.png

THANKS!!!! i guess i'll hang on to the palomino... but if i change my mind i'll let you know
default_wink.png
she would make a great dog. she is with you every step of the way. she was handled by 4-h kids before i got her. she is afraid of nothing and thinks you always should have her a snack.

Keegan! He carries splash and frame and I believe a dash of sabino. He could be LWO+ as I believe his sire is. I have not yet tested him. I just assume for now that he is. Both of my mares tested negative.

DSC01552.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

Hiawatha who is splash overo and sabino

007_18A.jpg

I know Prism carries overo and splash as well. Please excuse the winter coat. I ended up having to shave her. She holds on to that thing till the end of time.

DSC00584.jpg

My big horse Tasai shows overo too. I will post her later as she is quite lovely.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back