Overo or tobiano

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appy2d

Reaction score
Wondering if you could help me with patternsDSC00407.JPG DSC00411.JPGDSC00419.JPG this is Belle

DSC00433.JPGDSC00438.JPG Peaches

IMG_0049.JPGIMG_0050.JPG Sassy

IMG_0054.JPGIMG_0056.JPG Lola

IMG_0059.JPGIMG_0061.JPG Bear

any help or thoughts would be appreciated

Peaches and Bear to me appear to be Tobiano, Belle definately has some overo influence, probably splash but could be LWO as well as Tobiano. Sassy and Lola I will leave to others more versed in color then I!
default_smile.png

Overo really only applies to LWO- the other patterns are Splash White , Tobiano and Sabino. Tobiano always tries to limit white forward of the shoulder so if your horse has no face white the chances are it has or even possibly IS Tobiano. The only classic Tobiano is the black base, Bear, all the others may well have Tobiano but are not Tobiano alone.

Any one else with some insite out there? Have read that tobianos can have white facial markings along with the sabino but the sabino extends down under the chin area. Belle is the only one with blue eyes

Belle and Lola look like they might be tovero. That may not be the correct name for what they are, its a name we use around here for horses that look like they are both. I would say peaches is tobiano. Sassy does have white on her face so I am not positive she is just tobiano. You probably could run some tests to find out for sure.

Here's what I think ....

Belle - Tovero

Peaches, Sassy, Lola, Bear - Tobiano, unless they have blue eyes.

They all look tobiano except for the first
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back