Out of surgery..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
Well everyone,

Pearl is now out of surgery and everything went fine.

She has ear mites. Yucky. I figured that by the way she was itching though.

She also injured herself yesterday and we treating that. I believe she ran underneath the car after we just got home, as she is known to do, and she burned her back on the hot muffler. It looked really gnarly. So the vet cut away the dead skin and is treating it.

The wound doesn't seem to bother her. She is an extremely resilient kitten.

I get to go pick her up in a few hours...thank goodness...my other cats miss her, and they have been looking for her.

So in a few weeks she will be all fine and dandy! And there is no longer any possiblity of kittens! YAY.

By the way, my grandfather offered to pay for the entire thing, wound and ear treatment as well. He and I are really close, and he is the one that found the kitten, and then gave her to me, because he knew that she would be happier with me.

We struck a deal, he'll pay for her vet care this time, and I have to come visit him!
default_wub.png
I am pretty sure that I have the better end of that one. I appreciate his help, and will pay him back.

My Dad even said that he would pay for it, but by then my grandpa had offered already. Dad said he knows that I am trying to find a job and trying to help and he appreciates it, and he understands that this needed to be done.

I have no idea what I would do without my family.
default_wub.png

Glad to hear Pearl is out of surgery on her way to recovery......sounds like you have a great Grandpa and Dad....that was very nice of them to offer to pay

for the vet care......

Lets hope she heals quickly & has a long, healthy life.

Here is the little girl! She is being such a trooper through all the medications she is taking, and the dressings that get changed due to that wound on her side.

I am happy to say that she is able to eat, drink and use the litter box without problems.

She'll heal fast.
default_smile.png

Pearlredone.jpg

Pearlredone2.jpg

So glad that it has worked out for you and Pearl. I hope she continues to heal and stays well for you. She may be one that needs to be an indoor cat all the time. There just seems to be so much they can and do get into outside.

She is very pretty and lucky to have found her way to you!

Latest posts

Back