Out and About

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took my little horses into town today for the Headstart 4 year olds. My sister had her little horse and cart also. Dapper Dan gave rides and Ranger got to be mauled and ogled. This was his second time around a bunch of small children. He did very well.

Hard to get them presentable, with the shedding hair and recent muddy conditions.

I think the little ones enjoyed the horses. Some were very inarticulate, and just sort of clung like a little barnacle to the cart seat, not wanting to leave.

I let them all sit upon Dapper Dan, since they were very small children. Some had to be lifted off, as they refused to get off. Only one wouldn't ride or pet.

At the end, I asked them to pull my cart to the trailer. Five started out between the shafts and 4 rode in the cart. Cupcakes and juice provided, and they washed their hands in the horse faucet. Lovely day for them to be outdoors with the animals!

headstart2.jpg

headstart1.jpg

It looks like everyone had a great time
default_smile.png

Oh that looks like it was so much fun!! I didn't have my minis when I was teaching kindergaten ( got them 3 yrs ago, been retired 4 yrs) but I know how much my kids would have loved Misty and Josie!! It's wonderful for Headstart kids to have had the oportunity to see and pet your horses, some of them may I bet have never even seen a horse up close!! I'm really hoping to get Misty cart trained, she will be 3 in May. Josie is her half sister and a little dwarf so I am sure kids would fall in love with her........she is soooo gentle with my young grandchildren! All kids should get to experinence being around animals, I believe they can learn a lot from them!. You gave those children a wonderful experince they will never forget!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif

Back