Our wonderful filly and her short time with us - updated in response to Tremors question pg 2

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the dam (Prism) just a few days after everything. Her feet were long in the pictures Im afraid but they have been trimmed down since. She was feeling pretty good. It was fun to watch her jump and spin. Shes really a very pretty mare.

DSC07443_zps679e036c.jpg

DSC07465_zpsdc4d8c94.jpg

Gosh that's so horrible!
default_sad.png

Momma looks perfect though. Just keep looking at those recent pictures of momma. She'll keep you bright and happy.

I'm so sorry about this. I can't imagine how awful that was to go through. I will be praying, that if you try again, you will have a beautiful and healthy foal.

I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel! Blessings and hugs!

Very sorry for your loss. This sounds a lot like the big colt we lost last year. We did the plasma transfusion and he perked right up only to nose dive and finally pass away. We really think the problem was an incapability in the mare and foal's blood types or NI. Basically the mares antibodies in her colostrum attack the blood of the foal causing a body wide failure. There is a test for this done by UC Davis so you can tell if this is the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so sorry.

Tippy was beautiful.And her mama is too.

*hugs*

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back