Our Very First Show Today!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JewelsOK

Reaction score
Today will be our yearling, Image's first show! And my 9 year old daughter's first time to show as well. She will show Image in Pony Halter and Showmanship 8 and under (she was still 8 on 1/1/08). My older daughter will mostly be riding her new mare, but will show Image in 2 and Under Geldings.

We had to have the horses at the fairground yesterday so fair goers can walk around and look at them and of all the beautiful horses (mostly full size) there, Image always had the biggest crowd around his stall. He was adored by all, young and old alike. My 9 year old was so proud.

Image is doing so well there and endured a thunder/hail storm, tractor pulling contest in the next barn and rambunctious mare in the stall next to him. What is so cute is that he found a very large buddy in the stall behind him and Image "helps" him eat the hay out of his hay net. Thankfully his new buddy didn't seem to mind sharing.

Hopefully I can post results and pictures tomorrow. Wish us luck!

What fun!! Good luck!! I'll be looking for your results! Don't forget photos!

default_laugh.png

Good luck to Image and the girls! And it sounds like Image has been a good ambassador for the mini breed. Please take pictures???????
default_smile.png

Charlotte

Best of luck to you and your precious daughter. Looking forward to photos! Kids always have so much fun at the local fairs!
default_smile.png

Good luck to y'all! Sounds like your family will have a wonderful time. Looking forward to pictures!

Image and my daughter took FIRST place in Showmanship at Halter 8 and Under (the age of the child), there were 10 horses - Image was the only mini! He took second out of three in Geldings 2 and Under (my 13 year old showed him in this class). He took 4th out of 9 in Pony Halter (there were two other minis in this class, but none beat Image).

My 13 year old also showed her paint mare and got a 1st in Hunter Under Saddle and Equitation. She got 2nds in 3 and older Mares, and Showmanship and a 5th (out of 18) Western Pleasure.

We had so much fun, but wow am I exhausted. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Awesome!! I've been waiting all day to hear.
default_laugh.png

I'll look forward to seeing pics tomorrow!

Julie --

It sounds like you all had a GREAT show!

Way to go for your "Home Team"!!!

Looking forward to the pictures!

Jill

happy0064.gif
thumbup.gif
happy0064.gif
thumbup.gif
happy0064.gif
thumbup.gif
happy0064.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back