Our Oregon State Fair experience

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Oregon State Fair started out a little melancholy for us as Austin's death was a shock and when we arrived, his absence was quite noticeable. Still, we remembered his joy in the show and the Miniatures especially, and that also was obvious.

We arrived late on Sunday and set up in anticipation of our first round of classes, the AMHR halter classes on Monday.

Mouse was Champion Jr. Gelding under one judge, and took several firsts in his classes.

tablefair0sq.jpg

Our table on Monday after our AMHR halter classes. Mostly Mouse's achievements!

Lark didn't fare so well, and I don't really remember if she even got any ribbons in her first classes, maybe some last places (5/5 or something like that). The judges did not care for her at all this time, but I am still very happy with her and think she will be a pretty yearling.

mouseorsf058yj.jpg

Mouse 8-31-05...gettin' shaggy four days after his clip. Must be going to be Winter soon.
sad.gif

mouse8059tm.jpg

Neat dark color, though.

On Tuesday, we did only so so in the Youth classes, with Mouse doing better than Lark. There is some tough competition out there!

kenmousewait2nd.jpg

Waiting to go in the ring on Tuesday for Youth Geldings AMHA.

On Wednesday, Mouse was again Champion Jr. Gelding in the AMHA portion of the show. Hopefully he can live up to his performance as a Jr. stallion and gelding when he's a Senior next year!

Here is a photo of Lark at the Fair:

larkfair051tz.jpg

The memorial for Austin was really nice, and I learned even more about him and his family. Every year I go to the Fair, I will always know he's "there" forever.

The weather was great with the exception of a bit of rain Monday afternoon, but we were relieved to have been stalled in the Mini barn rather than the race barns like last year, so we were fine with everything.

It was great to visit with people and let them see Miniatures, many of them for the first time.

Liz

I have a feeling Austin was there in spirit!

*SIGH* That Mouse!
wub.gif
I'm glad you didn't sell him. He's doing awesome! WOW!

And Lark is lovely and by the looks of her, she's going to be a force to look out for next year! She's going to mature nice! Mmmmm

Congrats on all the great placings Liz!
aktion033.gif

Mouse looks so good -- and he was just amazing in the class I was able to watch. He looked wonderful from the moment you two entered the arena, but when you asked him to really turn it on he was amazing!

Lark is exquisite...no matter how the judges placed her.

Next year I want to come down earlier so that we can relax, visit more, and watch more classes!

Well, I LOVE Lark, maybe the judges were looking for more "mature-looking" babies? I prefer the "young-looking" ones myself, that will mature into lovely adults, like Lark surely will.
wub.gif

Congrats on your fun (and colorful) show!

That is awesome Liz! Table looks excellent! Sounds like you had a more relaxed time there than at Central Point, which is nice!

Lark is so cute, we will just have to feed her a couple of apple pies or something and she will fill in a little. She should see her sister Rio and ask her secret of the "axe handle wide behind"!

Glad you guys had fun! And Falcon is still very proud of his daughter!

Great job! I love that Mouse and Lark is a pretty little girl. I guess she just wasn't what the judges were looking for. She looks ribbon-worthy to me!

Mouse looked great! He looks DARKER all of a sudden.

And Lark had matured in just a week or two! Amazing. I just KNOW that Lark is going to "kick butt" next year!

Thanks for all the photos. Hope we can join you next season!

MA

Mouse and Lark look so good!

Congrats to Mouse on that HAUL, and it is my opinion that the judges had eye problems. Lark is awesome, and will only get better with age.

Kari

Liz, what a haul! That little Mouse is something else, he looks so gorgeous in his little chocolate covered body! Sorry you didn't do as well with your filly as you'd have liked. She is lovely, and should do very well as she matures. She will make a fabulous sr. mare, that is for sure, with her refinement and beauty.

Overall, sounds like a good trip! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it! Had the Mini Macro Marathon the weekend before (volunteer, not driving quite yet), and heading down to watch the nationals next week, so it is pretty impossible to do a good impression of feeling sorry for myself. ;)

Congrats Liz...... I stopped by the show and would have said HI but must have been there when you guys weren't at your stalls...... it looks like Mouse did awesome & he looked super too.....and frankly, I thought Lark looked super too......not sure what that judge was thinking. Glad you guys had fun..... I got to see Susanne show a class also, and finally got to meet her as well....always nice to put a name with a face. Then I got to go home to Olympia & start painting the house.......ick, much rather have been showing with you guys...... maybe next year!
biggrin.gif

Aww, Valerie, I'm sorry we weren't around. Ask and we'll give you the cell number next time. I didn't know you were planning on coming by.

Thanks for the compliments. Lets hope Mouse can perform as well as a Sr. Gelding!

I certainly think Lark will be a force to be reckoned with next year as a yearling mare, though.

Liz M.

I know, bummer we missed each other...I had such fun.....I just love going back to my hometown for the fair....although the fair was totally different this year...and it was such a nice thing to see that they are finally promoting the minis more .....it looked to us that they were a big hit with the visitors, so that was cool to see. Yes, I went down to see the family for a few days before coming back to Olympia to paint the house, I was telling Susanne that I totally picked the wrong time to paint the house, I should have been down showing with you guys & having fun......oh well, I will plan better next year!!
yes.gif

Congratulations Liz!!!
aktion033.gif

That Mouse - whatta Gorgeous Boy!!!! *sigh*
wub.gif

Lark sure is a delicate pretty little thing too, isn't she?? Very Pretty!!!
yes.gif

Nancy
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back