Our only foal this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie P

Reaction score
Well my sneaky little mare pulled a fast one on me. She foaled with virtually no bag, just the beginnings of one and no other sign whatsoever. She was due on May 14th - 16th. I have owned this mare for 16 of her 20 years of life and really thought I new her foaling habits. WRONG!

We have found the colostrum we needed and at this point in time mama and baby are doing great!

Magic Mans All Izon Me X GG'S Little Gypse Rose

Great colt (I'm pretty certain he will turn black), big bald face, one blue eye, several body splashes.

He is weak in his front legs at this point but both the vet and I feel he will do just fine. Whew!

P5030221.JPG

P5030215.JPG

Again, I would like to thank Joyce Kenes VERY much for her colostrum!
default_smile.png

He's such a cutie.

Every time I thought I knew a mare she's do something I didn't expect the next foaling season.

Congrats on your new baby.

Ooh I LIKE him! Congratulations!!

Hi Connie, Congratulations on your new little guy. Hes adorable and Im happy to hear hes doing well. May I ask though..If it was a healthy easy birth why or how you knew your mare didnt produce enough colustrum. Was it because he was early and the mare never had any bag and you just had to assume, to be safe, that the colustrum was needed? I dont want to hijack your thread so email me if you'd like

Once again
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Heidi

That's ok Heidi. :) The vet came and suggested I get colostrum due to no bag and we really couldn't express anything from her. What we did get was clear fluid. We have started Gypse on Domperidone and the baby is still doing really good so far. :)

Thanks to all for the warm welcome for our little baby! We adore him already!
default_wub.png

Big Congratulations, Connie! Your guy is VERY handsome. And I can almost guarantee that his very MINOR leg problem will be corrected with a bit of time and exercise over the next couple of days.

From the slope of his shoulder, I see a nice front forward mover! Nice balance with the hip too. And of course, he's got a sweet dished face - with chrome!
default_wub.png

Many congratulations - he's a really lovely little boy
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Anna

Oh Connie, what a handsome baby boy!
default_wub.png

Congratulations!

He is so precious! Congrats and Im so glad it all worked out

Latest posts

Back