Our only foal of the year finally made his entrance.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimomNC

Reaction score
And I couldn't be more please with him. This is the first colt by our World and National Champion stallion, RHA Mercury Rising and out of our Res World Champion, Ravenwood Medalions Moments To Love. Its also Lovie's first foal and she is being an outstanding mother. He cooked a good while, coming at 352 days and is about 22" tall with an 7 3/4 cannon bone. We don't have a registered name for him yet, but his barn name is Nick, because he got here just in the nick of time. If he had not arrived by Monday morning, I couldn't go to the horse show this week. So Lovie finally got busy about 6 pm Sunday night. Everything was textbook, but she did need some help as he is a pretty big colt for a first time baby. But so far so good, he is doing great and I have wonderful barn sitters to look after them. So I am off to the show tomorrow to watch my colt from last year show for the first time. Its just been an exciting week already. Thanks for letting me share.

babyday3sm.jpg

babyday4sm.jpg

Thank you all, we do really like this colt and our hopes are to geld him to start showing next year. And yes, we did have a nice colt last year as well, he will be going to his first show this week in Williamston, NC. I am so excited about seeing how he will do. Since we are breeding for our own show horses, so far we have been very blessed to have two different mares have wonderful babies by two different stallions. Trust me, I count my blessings every day.

Congrats Karen - what a nice boy. Hope you have a great show with last year's colt this weekend. I'll be watching!!!!

See ya down the road!

Barbie

Thanks Barbie, I am so excited about him showing. He is out of Party Doll, so its fun to have him this far, He is only 27" and solid black.

Matt, this is my Medalion daughter that we have had for four years now. She was Res World Champion as a yearling and top five as a sr mare in Amateur Level 2. I am very proud of her and this baby.

Karen, what a beautiful foal.
default_wub.png
Of course, with those two as parents, it's hard to imagine anything but a stunning foal.
default_yes.gif

Congrats that is truly a nice colt- like the mare too.

Latest posts

Back