Our newest arrivals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barefootin

Reaction score
Well Mom has been out and about again. It seems I can't even let her go to a friend's house without her bringing home another mini. She does pick them up for very good prices. which is why she's afraid they go somewhere not good if she doesn't bring them to our farm.

Anyway, here are the newest ones she picked up.

The first one is Jimmy Deans Chenille. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/jimmy+deans+chenille She is a Fly W Farms Blue Quo Vadis granddaughter. They call her Neelie. She is a very sweet 2002 silver dapple tobiano that stands about 34 inches.

chenile1.jpg

Next is a bit more of a rescue. A friend of our sold this stallion a couple of years ago right after he bred one of our mares. He produced a very nice show quality filly. When we found him he was living in a dog kennel in a trailer park. Needless to say he was in bad shape and added yet another stallion to our overflowing testosterone pool.
default_smile.png

This is Cadle Creeks Smokey Rogue. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/cadle+creek+smokey+rogue He is sired by Hunt House Farms Rogue Native. He still needs to gain some weight but he is looking much better. He grew almost 4 inches after he left our friends place and he was 4 years old when he left. Part of the growing is in his feet which are being brought back down where they should be. Smokey may carry a cream gene like his father. His mane is a rusty red color that goes all the way to the roots.

smokey8.jpg

The last but certainly not least is a filly that has been in our barn since February but belonged to a friend of ours. They had sold to a lady up north but something happened that the lady couldn't finish paying for her. I don't know the full story but somehow we ended up buying her last week.

This is Mulligans Run Dreams Spellbound. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mulligans+run+dreams+spellbound Charm is sired by First Knights Dream Come True. She is a black tobiano and a big girl. I'm not sure how tall she is right now but she's twice the size of our other yearlings. It's a good thing she is registered with AMHR because I'm pretty sure she is going to be close to 36 inches when she's done growing.

photo (3).JPG

I would love to hear about some of the horses in their pedigrees if anyone knows about them. We're new to the showing end of miniatures so I still have lots(that never changes) to learn about those pedigrees.

I owned a half sister to your Cadle Creek boy, i used her as a broodmare and sold her when I stopped breeding. Her name was Cadle Creeks Rogue Summer Dream, she is still on my very outdated website. That girl was beautiful, build, looks, trot, blue eyes,...she made my heart flutter. She had two foals for me when I owned her, nice babies and she was a great mom. I also have a daughter from a stud that was a half sibling to him, there is a forum member that owns him, his name is Cadle Creeks Heartbreaking Romeo. He was a sooty buckskin, so is the daughter of his that I kept. She had one foal for me, a beautiful palomino colt that I gelded and sold. That was the only time I bred her.

I would not be surprised if your boy is a dilute, the creme gene runs deep in that line. My horses with that line were purchased in NC and brought up to PA.

Good luck, and I must say that the last one listed is a real looker!

Your mom sounds wonderful
default_smile.png

Congrats on your new additions!

Thanks for the compliments on the new kids.

Neelie makes some really small babies. We have a 2 yr old of hers that is barely 27 inches if that. She should make some lovely cart horses crossed with our Reece stallion.

Smokey is slowly getting back together. He still needs some more weight but he looks a LOT better than he did. His manners are coming back to him as well. Nobody bothered to train him to anything but walk on a lead and breed mares. Hopefully he has enough sense to learn something else..... maybe hunter or jumper?

Charm is a beautiful filly. I just wish she wasn't quite so big. I'm pretty sure we will be offering her for sale again maybe after a couple of shows. If she doesn't sell I may let my son have her for another project to learn to train to drive. He has done an excellent job so far with his 4 yr old mare.

Saddie sounds wonderfull to me .

I love the bigger minis.

My girl is 36" and I think I want one another one her size or bigger.

I am glad that have found a home with you.

Latest posts

Back