Our new Belgian team driving with our team of minis.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adela

Reaction score
We went to the 4th of July parade with a team of Belgians my hubby had bought 2 days before, and his dad's mini geldings. Everyone commented on the little guys in front and thought they were cute. My hubby was telling everyone that the minis used to be the same size as the Belgians, but that he didn't see the dry clean only tag and they shrunk.
default_biggrin.png

parade08.jpg

What a great picture! It amazes me that you could hook them all up together and that the big horses and little horses got along so well together. That is really cool!

I will say its very cute, BUT Very very dangerous. Those lil minis are going to be killed if the drafts spook. It is so so cery scary.
default_no.gif

I have to agree cute but awfully dangerous. What if the biggies spooked and ran over or were to drag the minis? Ya never think it could happen but... :DOH!

I will say its very cute, BUT Very very dangerous. Those lil minis are going to be killed if the drafts spook. It is so so cery scary.
default_no.gif

The Belgians are an older team and don't spook. Their previous owner used them for many years giving wagon rides etc. with never a problem. Here is a side pic of a different team of Belgians with my FIL's minis,( same set up)

02days47a.jpg

They aren't in any danger.

What sweet pics, and perfect timing too! I was just talking to a fellow yesterday about this very thing and now I can print off the pics to show him! He wanted to get a 6 hitch, all b/w paints/pintos with 2 minis out on front, 2 riding sized horses in the middle, and 2 spotted drafts in the back.
default_yes.gif

Cute!

Theres a pic in the Augest iss ure of the 2006 Journal, a 7 hitch, 2 percherons in the back, then halflinges(i think) then 2 shetlands and one little mini!

O how cute! I think that is the best team I've seen yet.

You can look at it two ways

To those who think Its dangerous it is If their not really trained and docile. I'm sure they would have never hooked those minis up If those big horses had an ounce of spook in them. It's kina like training a horse to a cart I've seen people hook their mini up and away they go because someone said it was trained. I would never do something like that I could be seriously injured or killed If that horse spooked and ran away. I will get in a cart if I know my mini doesn't spook and I've taken him through a lot of training. Same with riding I don't want to be bucked off and trampled or drug to death by a horse that spooked or had a bad habit. I don't just ride any horse, he has to be a horse that I know wont spook over some silly thing and kill me. Sounds terrible it is and thats why Its so important to give our horses the proper training. I'm sure the trainer to this team worked with these big horses enough to know when they were ready for the little guys.

Thanks for sharing these awesome pictures
default_yes.gif

Adela,

Those pictures are Wonderful! Wow!

I'm sure your hubby has trained and driven so many horses of all different sizes for so many years that he is well aware of their temperaments and safety factors.

I think those pictures are just beautiful!!

Susan O.

Personally I think its very naive to think ANY horse is bombproof. Its called an "accident" because its unintentional. This is the perfect set up for a major "accident"! Why not prevent them instead of set them up. :DOH!

Personally I think its very naive to think ANY horse is bombproof. Its called an "accident" because its unintentional. This is the perfect set up for a major "accident"! Why not prevent them instead of set them up. :DOH!
Anything in life is an accident waiting to happen and if you don't know that you might as well go lock yourself in a bombproof box. Even something as simple as getting in a car is an accident waiting to happen. You can't live your life like that. Ya got to live a little. These people know what they are doing, so don't worry about it. Everything turned out fine didn't it?

I loved the pics! They are soooo awesome!

Very cool!!!!! And I agree that anytime you take any horse out you are setting yourself up for potential accidents. The trick is to train yourself and train your animals in the best way possible. Accidents happen even when everything has been done exactly by the book.

I personally loved the pics
default_yes.gif
And I am sure you guys wouldn't have put those mini's up there if you weren't confident in the drafts performance.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Really neat. The animals all look very confident and relaxed. It must have been so awesome to ride in the carriage. Great pics of your fantastic horses.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Your hubby must be a great guy. wish I had one like that, into the horses so much!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back