Our mini was attacked

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Bubbles! I hope she gave the predator two back feet! We have coyotes here and so far no problems, but just recently there were coyote attacks on people in our county reported but all 5 attacks were attributed to the same coyote which was put down. That is really unusual.

We are in a bad drought so I've been seeing some of them scouting around in the daylight hours. I thought they were nocturnal.
I thought they were nocturnal, too!!

I hope that coyote was checked for rabies. I have seen coyotes many times in daylight. I've never heard of one threatening a human. That is spooky.
Here in North Texas we had one attacking people in 2018. A police officer even got dash cam footage of one potential attack and it was all over the news:

UPDATE
Bubbles stayed in town with us for three or four nights. (It’s illegal to keep horses inside the city limits here. My “follow the rules grandson” wanted to know if we’d asked the mayor for permission 😆)
The predator lights were installed this afternoon. My sweet husband and sweet son-in-law are sleeping in the barn tonight to see if any animals are lurking. Last report was that all is quiet. Either the lights are doing their job, or the predator has moved on. 🤞🏻

Thank you all for your suggestions, sympathy, and support!

Just brought my three to get their teeth floated today and the dentist and I had to wait for the vet to do the sedative because he was tending to his own dog that was very badly injured in an attack by a coyote. I cannot imagine having to sew up your own mangled dog!
The dentist said they have gone after 2 of his calves that were just born and not up yet.😥

Just brought my three to get their teeth floated today and the dentist and I had to wait for the vet to do the sedative because he was tending to his own dog that was very badly injured in an attack by a coyote. I cannot imagine having to sew up your own mangled dog!
The dentist said they have gone after 2 of his calves that were just born and not up yet.😥
Oh no! That’s terrible! It makes my heart hurt.

Latest posts

Back