Our little orphan girl

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
This is Misty, not sure if you all remember her story or not.. We bought her dam in foal back in 2006, she was supposed to hold off until we got her home to foal, but she surprised us all and foaled this little gal on April Fool's Day.. We brought them home and unfortunately a few days later we lost her momma (long story so won't repost
default_sad.png
) and we were left with a week old orphan filly and no idea what to do.. Thanks to some advice from here and from our vet, we still have our little ornery and spoiled little girl.. I measured her last night and she's 28" at 2 years old.. Her dam was 32" and sire is 29".. I clipped her out today so her buckskin is on the faint side. She may not be perfect, but she's perfect in our hearts and will forever be a member of our family
default_wub.png

102_2823.jpg

102_2828.jpg

102_2832.jpg

ad-1.jpg

And a couple baby pics with her momma just for fun

Fantomandfilly026.jpg

Fantomandfilly008.jpg

Cristina--I don't remember the exact story, but I DO remember that mare's beautiful eyes. I've never forgotten those eyes......
default_wub.png
I'm sorry about losing her.

You sure must have figured out how to raise an orphan foal--she's cute as a button.
default_wub.png

She is darling and look how great she looks. Good job. Love all the pictures. You must be very proud that all of your hard work paid off. It's very hard to raise a orphan foal. She leaves hoofprints on your heart, I'm sure. What a cutie
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Cool photos! How precious! She looks very loved!!
default_wub.png
She was such a cutie as a baby too!

I remember seeing pics of her Mum. She was a beautiful mare and has passed her beauty onto her baby.

can we see pics without the effects
Sure:

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

Too bad she is not for sale
She's one of those 'forever' horses
default_yes.gif
She's my dad's "baby" or should I say "princess"
default_wub.png
So funny to see this 6'3" man cuddling up on a 28" horse
default_biggrin.png

what a hard job it must be raising an orphan
I think she let us off easy,
default_wink.png
She refused the bottle and took to the bucket from day one and took everything in great strides.. Vet told us it was a miracle that her momma lived long enough to give birth to her as sick as she was, so definitely think she got her momma's will and heart
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back