Our last gal due

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
She's 336 days today.. Past few nights she's spent a lot of time laying down, both sternum and out flat.. Baby hasn't been active the past week or so.. Udder is tight, but not the typical swollen/very tight that some mares get prior to foaling.. Vulva is relaxing, and last night she was pretty red inside but no foal.. Milk has a tinge of yellow to it, sticky and easily expressed..

101_2471.jpg

101_2480.jpg

waiting so much fun
lol It is! We were joking around that it would be soo funny if this gal gave us a baby that was heavily appaloosa since the mare who looks more appaloosa gave us the black pinto colt lol This gal has thrown all pinto babies so far no matter what stud she's bred to, might be homozygous pinto but haven't had her tested.. Will be our first baby out of her for us
default_smile.png

Well I hear ya about the waiting..My buckskin mare has a bag much bigger than yours nipples pointing down and it has been like that for about a week now... driving me crazy.... told her to just DO IT !!!!! Although her first due date isnt until the end of this month..There's no way she can go that long ..can she?? LOL My vet said he had one of his mares go over 400 days....Geesh... Although the mare was older and the baby was very small (thoroughbred mare) only weighed 40 lbs.. Said it was due to uterine insufficiency..Baby had to cook longer to be developed enough. The baby did live but no races in its future..

Hang in there....

Latest posts

Back