Our first Xmas Parade of the season!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
Polk and I did the Cayuga Christmas Parade this morning - our first of the season and Polk's very first outing in harness! He was a very good boy and handled everything with aplomb - even the saddle bells and band! All he did was flinch the first time he heard the drums. He is one awesome little horse!

All set to go!

Cay3E.jpg

The Alpaca bunch - the only other animals in the parade

Cay6E.jpg

That is Julia Biro who also owns Minis, her husband and their friend, Bob, riding behind us

Cay14E.jpg

A view of Santa and Mrs. Claus from the box seat

Cay13E.jpg

That is too neat!! I want to do that with O So, once we are both trained!!
default_biggrin.png

I loved the photos, specially the one from the seat of the cart.
default_aktion033.gif

Ah-ha, guess I should have looked over here before posting on the driving forum! It's been so long since you got Polk that I assumed he must have been in the cart for awhile by now- guess I was wrong! He looks super though, like he's been driving for ages.
default_wub.png

Leia

Awesome! You both look great! I love the ribbons in his mane
default_smile.png
He is a handsome guy
default_smile.png
Congrats.

Angie

Ah-ha, guess I should have looked over here before posting on the driving forum! It's been so long since you got Polk that I assumed he must have been in the cart for awhile by now- guess I was wrong! He looks super though, like he's been driving for ages.
default_wub.png

Leia
Actually he has been in harness for a year and a half now working on dressage, cones and trails/roadwork but hasn't done any type of competition or been out to any events - this was his first. Thanks everyone! I totally adore him
default_wub.png

Handsome guy you have there.
default_wink.png
He is such a good boy and very sweet. He definitely suits the Christmas look. Gotta get him wearing the Santa hat in the next parade. Remember this....

Christmaspictures176.jpg

Love the snowflakes! All these wonderful pics of mini's in the Christmas spirit...love it!

Well done to both of you - I just love that last picture!

Anna

You both looked great! Congrats on the successful outing!
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone! We did have a ton of fun!
default_biggrin.png

I DO remember that picture Kim! Polk loves to dressup! Might be hard for him to drive with the pompom in his face though!
default_biggrin.png
Look at the mohawk he was sporting in that picture!!!

Lori, Polk looks wonderful. I know he had to receive hundreds of oohs and aahs from the crowd as you drove by. His well behaved performance in his first parade is a tribute to your great training skills
default_aktion033.gif

Lori, Polk looks wonderful. I know he had to receive hundreds of oohs and aahs from the crowd as you drove by. His well behaved performance in his first parade is a tribute to your great training skills
default_aktion033.gif
Awww....thanks Getitia!
default_blush.png
I can't take all the credit though - I have been impressed by this little horse's sensibility right from square one! He was born to drive...and have I ever mentioned I love him to bits?
default_biggrin.png
The crowd loved him too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh he looks beautiful all dressed up and nothing like a flashy appy to steal the show! It sure seems like lots of us find our appys were born to drive and also lots of common sense. I love doing parades!

It WAS fun! I really love doing the Christmas parades! Gives me a chance to wish ALL my friends and neighbours a Merry Christmas!!!

Latest posts

Back