Our First Show of the Year!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
Saturday was our first show of the year. It was provided by our local saddle club...which I joined that morning. Lol.

I began preparing Ale (Her actual name is Finale; so pronounce it like the end of Finale. lol) early that week on Wednesday. It was stressful! I used to love clipping my ponies, but with my crappy clippers I HATE it. Anyways. I clipped her both Wednesday and Thursday and had my mom bathe her on Friday (I had to work) and put her in her stall with her blanket and tail bag on.

The next morning was definitely interesting. I had been working with Ale on how to load and she was getting up but she refused to load. My dad unfortunate forced her into the trailer. He also left my mom to drive the trailer which she has never done before. Needless to say we got stuck on a dead end road twenty minutes before the show started. Now THAT was stressful!

We got there with about five minutes to spare. My mom prepped Ale while I filled out the registration papers for the show. We were the first class and the only ones in the class, lol. Ale was of course the center of attention and she HARDLY stood still! She did well though and stood just long enough for the judge to get a good look at her and she DID set up pretty good. Bless her little heart. We got by with a blue and ended up getting a trophy!
default_firstprize.gif

The most interesting parts were AFTER her class, lol. The big horses were very amused by her. She was trotting around whinnying and they would crane their necks to look at her or sniff her. I spent much of the time working with her on standing tied and loading the trailer. She loaded the trailer like a champ. I was NOT happy. (Okay, I was but I was annoyed that she didn't do it at home.)

A lot of the other exhibitors loved Ale. One lady loved how fine boned she was.
default_thumbup.gif

When I was working with her on loading the trailer a big palomino gelding (beautiful animal) got loose and ran around frantically. I was relieved that both Ale and I were in the trailer!

On our way home I drove the trailer and truck. That was interesting and it took be roughly 20-30 minutes to park the trailer! lol.

All in all it was a very nice show. My mom wants to show her full brother in July alongside Ale so that we can show them both in the same class and see who wins!

Here's a video of her loading the trailer twice. (We loaded the trailer there roughly fifteen times)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=295488740537675

You can see my show outfit. I opted for a purple shirt and I think we both looked pretty good.

More pictures of Ale:

-After her clip

75249_294501623969720_100002296543466_644622_478847394_n.jpg

-In her blanket

559472_295113680575181_100002296543466_646022_754354858_n.jpg

-At the show learning how to stand tied (I must say that the loop to tie horses needs to be LOWER!)

156250_295482703871612_100002296543466_647133_1667059204_n.jpg

-At home being a patient little girl!

551851_296095980476951_100002296543466_649018_1146940513_n.jpg

Congrats! Those first few shows ARE nerve wracking on so many levels!

Sounds like a stressful day but you made it and did great . I have never tried to pull our trailer sounds like you were both braver than me. Ale looks great too very pretty and the clip job tooks great too. Love the picture of her in her blanket in the stall

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations and loved all the details of the day! Ale looks wonderful and your clip job looks spectacular! Can't wait to hear about more shows for you and Ale.

Thanks for the compliments!

Driving home with the trailer was pretty entertaining. At one point I was going about 25 mph (I was behind a tractor with a rake) and once the tractor turned I was passed by two trucks. I turned to my mom and said that I should have waved, lol.

Literally the entire time I was thinking up bumper stickers to go on the trailer about my slow driving and the fact that I had a live animal in the trailer.

All in all the ride home may have been Ale's smoothest ride in a trailer! (It was her fourth overall)

EDIT: It took A LOT of work to get that clip! I gave Ale two bathes in two days, clipped her until I gave up, and had the hardest time trimming her ears, face, and bridle path. I cannot wait to see her coat in a couple weeks. Before I clipped her, her neck was a BEAUTIFUL golden color (I clipped it 2 weeks before) so I am exited to see her body compared to her mane and tail!

I LOVE her mane and tail. I don't know what it is about Ale's fur but it is SO soft. The entire time I was clipping her I would take breaks and just brush her mane and tail. I was so soft; yet natural. I hardly ever brushed it. Same with her fur. The entire time I was calling her my little Barbie doll.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back