Our first show and we had a BLAST!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
I don't know how to download the pictures off of my new camera yet, but I will update this with pictures as soon as I figure it out. lol

We had a SENSATIONAL time at the SMLEC show in Carthage this weekend! I got to meet all sorts of my forum friends, including Erica (I still love her young under stallion--what a horse!!), Taylor Jo, and many others. I also made some new friends. I just love the mini/pony people!

I volunteered to work the gate on Saturday, since we didn't have any classes and I was able to be ringside for everything! I really enjoyed it! I knew I'd love the halter and the Pleasure Driving, but I was really surprised to find that I also loved watching the jumpers! The girl that won the open and the amateur was absolutely FLYING around that course! It was a blast to watch! The show even inspired my husband to want us to buy a second mini for him to show. lol He can't have mine!

Speaking of Shake, he did very well! I couldn't be more pleased with him. He showed well, I found a few things I need to work on before the next show, and we had a great experience overall. He brought home two blue ribbons in the AMHR Two Year Old Geldings class, two Junior Gelding Champion ribbons, and a Reserve Grand Champion ribbon. It was so much fun! I can't wait to do it again!

We also brought home a kitten that we've named Biscuit. Biscuit was running around the showgrounds on Saturday and he is just barely old enough to be away from Momma. He was dirty, skinny, but oh so sweet. He is making friends with our adult cat as I'm typin this. There's lots of hissing going on, but I'm sure that will pass soon enough. lol

All and all, it was a wonderful weekend!!

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS on doing so very well at your first show!! It's always fun and in fact, I am attending my first 2010 show this upcomming weekend and hopefully we will do good. While it's not an AMHA or AMHR show, it's an open horse show and myself and my 16 y/o QH will be hitting the Halter classes again after a six year hiatus! He will also be doing some youth classes with some of my riding students so hopefully they will do good too!

Congratulations on your fantastic results! Not a bad way to start your show career with Shake in the blues.

Congratulations to Shake from his uncle-- Michigan's Wild Attitude!

Dr. Linda K. Fung

Blackwater Farms, USA & La Prairie de la Sommerau, FRANCE

2009 Breeder of the Year-Germany, 2010 Westminster Best of Breed, 2010 ABTC National Specialty 50th Annieversary Best of Breed

Home of Champion Belgian Tervuren--that do it ALL!

Home of World & National Grand Champion American Miniature Horses & American Shetland Ponies--DRIVEN for EXCELLENCE

Congratulations!! You are off to a fantastic start and sounds like you are really hooked!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Congratulations on a great show with Shake! And the fun is what it's all about isn't it? And the nice people you meet.

Charlotte

aktion033.gif
Congrats!!!

Congrats! What a way to start!
default_aktion033.gif

had to giggle tho at your hubby wanting his own Mini now! Doesn't take long to add another..and another....
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

Well done you - many congrats
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

It sounds as though your first show has been a resounding success!!

Hope little Biscuit soon settles in to his new home
default_yes.gif

Anna

That is the way to start your show experience!!! You have to have fun, and look at it as a great learning experience!

Way to go and it is so much fun at the mini shows. I just love the people and how nice they are to newbies.

Thanks for all of the nice posts! After my original post, I layed down on the couch for a minute and crashed for four hours! lol I'll see about those photos tomorrow. I didn't realize I was so tired! The camera, disk and insturction manual (boy, do I ever need that instruction manual) are all still in the car. We got Shake all unpacked, but didn't quite do the same for ourselves. lol

Well, as long as SHAKE got unpacked!
default_laugh.png
Those results are awesome and so, of course, are you for bringing home Biscuit and managing to hook your hubby on the minis. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Leia

As a credit to our unique inability to get along with anything technical, we only got one clear photo from the show. Here's Shake right before the two year olds class...or not. I have to find that link on the step by steps for posting photos. Once I get there, I'll throw up the photo on the photo thread. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You all did fantastic!!! Both you and Shake looked awesome!! I had the stall right next to yours. And thanks for stepping in and doing the class books at the show also!!

Back