Our First Clipping on Our First Mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreaminmini

Reaction score
Sunday we finally clipped our first mini Peek A Boo, he's a 3 year old gelding. It was definitely a learning experience! But a lot of fun. Thank you Lori from Milo Minis for her hard work(she did most of it-pretty close to all) and taught me a lot in the process. He definitely wouldn't have looked this good if I had been left to my own devices. :DOH!

I'm still a little shocked at how different he looks. But very proud too.
default_wub.png
It's very interesting to see what exactly is there underneath it all.

A week after we got him:

peekg-1.jpg

Sunday, before clipping

F1000024-1.jpg

F1000025-1-1.jpg

TA DAH!!!! The finished look

Goodone-1.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always enjoy clipping, especially the first one of the year, it's like unwrapping a present.

You're boy looks great!
default_yes.gif

Thank you for the compliments!

Still can't believe he's mine. After we turned him out I almost couldn't find him in the paddock...lol

I'd seen the before and afters on here before and know they are usually quite dramatic but wasn't quite prepared when it happened with him...
default_biggrin.png

Maybe next week there will be some driving photos??? (Hint hint, you know who
default_wink.png
)

Are you really sure that is the same horse??? LOL

He looks awesome now!!!!! It sure does feel great to see them all groomed up... now you just gotta get him to a show!!!

Thanks, Holly! I thought he was cute with his fuzzies but this shocked me
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png
I was very pleasantly surprised.

Lori has been fabulous with him and us
default_biggrin.png
Thanks again for your advice.
default_wink.png
He apparently is doing quite well and we are hoping to see very soon. I'm also hoping to get him into some showmanship classes and some halter classes later this year.

How are your guys? Any showing?

Thanks, Dale!
default_smile.png

We were laughing, Lori was teaching hubby how to set him and we were using a little grass as bait. Then we were trying to take his registration photos and we couldn't get him to stand with his legs apart so we could see all 4 for the pic. Every time we'd ask him to stand he went into the stance. Guess the grass is excellent at Lori's....lol
default_biggrin.png
He can be a bit of a daft beggar! (but I love him anyway)

BTW, your guys are very cute. Smore is a little sweetheart, so is Ellie.

We'll see if we can't get some of those driving pictures next visit! Peek will do ANYTHING for food won't he?!
default_biggrin.png
He wasn't ever actually a sow's ear but he sure did turn out to be a silk purse once clipped!

Latest posts

Back