Our first, and only, foal for the year!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Parmela!!! Congrats to you! Very happy for you-

Peggy

default_aktion033.gif
Congrate's Parmela!!
default_new_shocked.gif
WOW! Those are some legs!! Very nice boy!!
default_wub.png

Hi Parmela

He is a lovely colt - love those legs! I want to offer you a word of caution tho! Many years ago we had a beautiful, leggy colt -( his name was Mountain Meadows American Express! ) He ran around with this fabulous "tailset" - always carried it high and proud (I told everyone about how wonderful his tailset was) -- well it turned out that he had just a ton of sticky merconium stuck in there and it didn't really show up as a problem until he was about 5 days old. It took 3 days of oiling hin 2X a day before hew as out of the woods
default_new_shocked.gif
! Thankfully, all turned out well but ever since then I have been wary of tails that do not rest comfortably against the foal's bottom.

Stac
default_saludando.gif

Hi Parmela
He is a lovely colt - love those legs! I want to offer you a word of caution tho! Many years ago we had a beautiful, leggy colt -( his name was Mountain Meadows American Express! ) He ran around with this fabulous "tailset" - always carried it high and proud (I told everyone about how wonderful his tailset was) -- well it turned out that he had just a ton of sticky merconium stuck in there and it didn't really show up as a problem until he was about 5 days old. It took 3 days of oiling hin 2X a day before hew as out of the woods
default_new_shocked.gif
! Thankfully, all turned out well but ever since then I have been wary of tails that do not rest comfortably against the foal's bottom.

Stac
default_saludando.gif
Stacy,

He DOES have a weird pooper! I even discussed it with the vet when she came out for the post foaling exam. I'm going to call and discuss this some more. What kind of oil did you use and was it with the traditional bottle that we do the enemas with?

Hi Parmela

It was the full meal deal with the tube down the nose, mineral oil, warm water, -- you know - the works (same as tradtional colic treatment). But I am sure that if we had not done it he would have been in surgery or perhaps even lost Express.

Stac

Hi Parmela
It was the full meal deal with the tube down the nose, mineral oil, warm water, -- you know - the works (same as tradtional colic treatment). But I am sure that if we had not done it he would have been in surgery or perhaps even lost Express.

Stac

Gotcha! On the phone now!

Congratulations Parmela! Nice colt!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back