Our first, and only, foal for the year!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

At this point we were down to only expecting one foal that is ours for 2009. There are 2 more mares left to foal, but one foal is spoken for and the other is a Spirit foal but belongs to our boarder Barbara. With the loss of Corona's dwarf (which was to be our foal) we just had Toffee's baby to look forward to. All we wanted was healthy and alive; anything else would just be icing on the cake. Toffee did not disappoint!

This little (he's so not little
default_new_shocked.gif
) has no official name yet but we call him Stilts!
default_biggrin.png
His dam is Alamos Sirs Toffee Snow (a Call Me Sir daughter) and his sire is Little Kings Little Buckeroo (a Buckeroo son). This was a repeat breeding for LKF and we purchased Toffee in foal at the Oktoberfest sale. She was in the private treaty horses. Without further delay...

imgp4463.jpg

imgp4482.jpg

His dam is every bit of 34" so you get an idea of how tall "Stilts" is!
default_new_shocked.gif
And what surprises me most is how short his back is! He's like a big horse foal in that he's actually taller than he is long. That's new for us!
default_wink.png

Stilts is very sweet and loves people even though his dam is kind of standoffish. We were worried about that, but it's working out great! He's healthy, has a tiny little muzzle at the bottom of his blaze and has really straight legs. We were lucky this time! He's probably going to mature a bit too tall for us, but at this point all we care about it that he's here and thriving.

Thanks for letting me share. It's actually something pleasant this time. I feel like lately all my posts have been about sad stuff. Nice to have a change.

ETA: He's about 15 hours old in these pics.

Last edited:
He's a knockout and I bet he's only going to get better with age. Love his dam too! Congratulations!

I love him!!! Long legs are a good thing!!!

Congratulations on that handsome boy!!!

party.gif

Congratulations on such a lovely foal. Nice mare too!

Having just had our first foal, I would be interested in height and length of cannon bone.

He is Beautiful!!

Congrats on him. I know your gonna love him to pieces!!

Congrats on a beautiful boy!!!!!

The longer legs than back is a great thing! The breed is getting to the point where the babies do look like big horse foals and that is wonderful! Again, congrats and enjoy them!

He is fabulous Parmela!
default_aktion033.gif
I love him.
default_wub.png
BIG BIG BIG Congrats.
default_aktion033.gif

Name: Star Ridge Acres Walkin' On Sunshine aka Sunny

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, Parmela! He's gorgeous. And, from what I can see, so is his mom
default_wub.png

Thank you everyone. He sure is a character! He's finally figuring all those legs out and he's really keeping his mom on her toes!
default_laugh.png

And thanks for the compliments on Toffee, his dam. She is 7 (i think) this year and this is her 3rd or 4th foal (I can never remember all this stuff without looking it up
default_rolleyes.gif
). She's a bay pinto with two of the bluest, wildest looking eyes I've ever seen! They are very spooky looking.
default_new_shocked.gif
She's a very big girl, certainly bigger than we usually have, but she's still got that babydoll head that we like. I rarely see what I consider to be a large mini with the kind of head I prefer but she had one so we snatched her up! My real goal was to see what she'd produce with Spirit. Hoping for a buckskin pinto filly!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! Finally some good news woohoo. Very nice colt.

Congratulations Parmela! I'm so happy for you!!!
default_laugh.png

He's handsome!

default_wub.png
Parmela...he is sooo nice. I am thrilled that for once everything went right for you. Congrats on a pretty "STILTS"

Back