Our final congress results etc

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

We got home late last night and as much fun as we had its sure good to be home! Here are our final placings

Futurity stallion/gelding 4th place

Ammy incentive reserve Champion

Open gelding 5th place out of 5. kyle got really nervous on this one
default_smile.png

Color 5th out of 5 jet really isnt colored enough for pinto class but I entered them to get nerves out

Youth Gelding 3rd out of 9

Ammy owned and shown 4th out of 9

Showmanship 8th out of 8

We had a great time and I have to thank Les and Getitia for hauling us down there and being so good to us! Kyle also got his pic taken with jet for the local paper with a small interview

RFD TV was there filming all week so cant wait to see that on tv.

I have to agree with everyone else that Congress has got to move from Gordyville. As much as I like that facility its just not big enough for a national show. Horse count was down but most think that is because of that weird virus going around. I know when I talked to trainers a lot of their clients wouldnt let their horses go to Illinois. I think the final horse head count was around 440 which is pretty low for congress.

A lot were really disappointed that there werent many vendors. I wonder what happened to them all?? There was only one congress shirt to buy that was recylced from years past so that was a little disappointing too.

The usual debates were going around such as razoring ponies, the impact the aspc/amhr horses are making both in the pony divisions and miniature divisions.

Got to finally meet carin ponder and shes a lot of fun and had a fanstastic show. Also briefly met jennifer with sweet opal while she was on the phone talking to lisa.

Watching amber montgomery show was as usual really exciting to watch and she really cleaned up. Her kids were just adorable in youth

Got to hang with leeanna and her dad and they are great to stall near.

Oh and thank you lewella for your help during my ammy class :bgrin

Food was wonderful as usual that karen and sharron did for the congress lunch. That brisket just melts in your mouth!

Also a huge thanks to ginny boyle for letting us stay with her and cooking us such great meals. I feel so bad about all the dirt we tracked in from gordyville but it was wonderful seeing her again and getting to visit

Last edited:
Oh Kay sounds like you guys cleaned up veyr well at Congress. I can't wait to give this whole experience a shot here in the near future.
default_smile.png

CONGRATS!!

You guys did great!!!!! Jet was looking so great and you and kyle presented him so nicely. So many of the pics i got the first few days came out fuzzy that i gave up by the last day w/ my cameria. Here are two that came out okay of you and Jet, the pics of Kyle and Jet came out a big blur. Im sure you dont mind me posting them here
default_smile.png
. Fran i'll send you the pics i got of you and arlene with Blue Eyed Baby when i get them uploaded
default_smile.png
. These are the only two that came out not completely fuzzy.

KayJet.jpg

KayJet2-1.jpg

Kay, make sure you post the article of kyle/jet when its done. I'm sure we would all love to see and read it
default_smile.png

I cannot wait for next year, hopefully we will both have a classic filly to show ..its kind of slow only having one horse there lol
default_smile.png

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

thanks for the pics leeanna! yep i definately need more horses next year. of course it depends on where they move it
default_wacko.png
:

Kay and Kyle, Congratulations on all your Congress placings! Enjoyed seeing the pics Leeana posted!
default_smile.png

Great job. Congratulations! You both should be proud. Jet is a handsome guy.

Oh, I liked Gordyville. Everything under one roof. They kept the bathroom/shower facilities clean too. They even sold ice which was a must.
default_yes.gif
:

Fran

Kay,

Congratulations!! It was great meeting you, Rusty, and Kyle. Thanks for letting me delete most of my emails too! I still had over 200 when I checked this morning.
default_wacko.png
:

Oh....AND IT WASN'T HOT! :new_rofl:

Congratulations, Kay! You can Kyle both did well. :aktion033:

My vote is for one of those air-conditioned indoor arenas if they plan to continue to hold Congress during one of the hotest weeks of the year.... but of course I'd also like it to be in my back yard and free! LOL :eek:

thanks so much ronalee. i really wish you could have been there. i also vote for air conditioned even if carin says it wasnt hot (dang texans lol) besides the heat gordyville is just too small for congress. we are never going to be able to grow this show in this facility. And gordyville was one of my favorites when i lived in illinois for local shows
default_smile.png

im really hoping maybe the facility in indy will work out?

Kay congrats that is a great show you should be very proud.

Was great to talk to you well ok to say Hi to you thru Jennifer (Sweet Opal) on the phone. Hmm did you notice she is ALWAYS on the phone LOL but I did get to listen to some class results that way
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back