Our fellow mini people in CO

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slv

Reaction score
Earlier in the year I sold a mare to Autumn Olford of High Meadow Miniatures. She is a great lady. We have kept in touch fairly regularly. I e-mailed her about a week ago to check in and see how she was doing. I have not heard from her. She has always answered my e-mails right away. I guess I am hoping that someone has heard from her....also concerned for all of our friends in CO. Autumn is in Collbran, CO.

^I thought about asking the same question. Very concerning. I feel so terrible for all the people who lost their homes and all the animals that have died.
default_sad.png

I have a friend I used to work with in CO too now for the past several years. I have not heard anything from her either since my email several days ago.

I don't have a direct link, but if anyone is interested in helping animals in CO from the fires, contact me privately. I was sent the message through one of our local vets. It is sponsored by the American Veterinary Association, so is legitimate.

Please use my personal email:

[email protected]

At the horse show where I worked last weekend, one judge was from CO. She said the conditions there are very terrible. Many of the forests were decimated by the pine tip shoot moth, and the dead trees are like "giant roman candles" when the fire hits them. The dead needles fly around and spread the fire.

I just posted on the other forum about the fires and my family. Believe me, Autumn is far removed from the fires on the other side of the state.Part of my family live near the Waldo Canyon and Boulder area fires. They have been through he**. Husbands family is on the west side of the state and they have no fires yet, just the unending heat. The damaging winds that caused the firestorms to get out of control went through here first and we lost quite a few things, part of the roof, two young trees snapped in half, horse shelters and roundpens and such blown down and twisted up. But the house is fine and so are the animals and us. We are sending things to help those in need in CO. I have a cousin managing a fairground an hour from Denver and the Springs who is helping take in livestock if needed. All of us are experiencing the same triple digit heat wave, but then they don't talk about Nevada
default_smile.png
, too remote, and not very populated so I always warn family what weather is on the way to them. Them my kids are in Montana and this year no fires yet, but they have been there when so much was lost to fire.

Thank you all for your concern and your prayers are greatly appreciated
default_yes.gif
I have been extremely busy so I haven't had much time to answer emails, and while I can't speak for everyone in CO, I myself and my family/animals are all fine and safe from the fires so far - thank the Lord. The closest fire to me is the Pine Ridge Fire, it is currently 25% contained and has burnt 12,752 acres. It is approx 30 miles NW of Collbran. I pray that this drought ends soon and these awful fires are extinguished
default_pray.gif

Again, thank you all for your prayers.

-Autumn

I was 4 miles form the High Park Fire which is now 100% contained as of 2 days ago. For those who didn't know, the High Park Fire was one for the record books in size for Colorado which burned over 87000 acers. We are very glad for it to be over but we know we aren't out of the water yet.

Luckily nothing close to us so far, but I am watching the maps to keep on eye on the farm where my mini is - he is being delivered in 16 days.

Back