Our Easter baby-Billy Idol filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty

Reaction score
OK our little girl is a almost a week old. What color is she ? Perlino or Cremello and what does that mean to me when crossing her on a bay pinto as her future boyfriend-our Nighthawk son- in a couple of years. She is really a doll and we have decided that a repeat breeding to her dam : Affie and Billy Idol is in order
default_smile.png

She doesn't have a name yet because nothing seems to be quite perfect for her. Any suggestions are great but it must have our name Zephyr Woods and Idol in it. So something short and sassy. HMMM. Sassy just about describes her.
default_yes.gif

8 hour old pic
Affiesfilly22008.jpg

ONE WEEK pic
Affiefilly1weekold2008.jpg

Oh isn't she cute.
default_wub.png
My first thought when I saw her was isn't she a heartbreaker. lol I don't know why, but when I saw you were looking for name suggestions I thought maybe that could be an idea.

Zephyr Woods Idols Heartbreaker

Zephyr Woods Idols Teen Sensation

Zephyr Woods Idols Take A Good Look

I don't know what style of names you'd be looking for, but these were just of a few of the ones I came up with.

First of all Kitty, the most important thing is that is one HOT FILLY!!!
default_wub.png
I don't care what color she is, she's stunning!

But, for the color, I believe her to be a cremello and not a perlino. The ONLY way to know for sure is to have her tested because sometimes these darn colors just don't look exactly the way they should. I would have expected her mane and tail to be a bit darker shade than it is if she were a perlino. With the cremellos, the mane and tail seem to be basically the same color as the body hair which is how your girl looks to me.

Maybe Jill will post, but she has a really simple, easy to understand (which I need
default_wink.png
) way of stating what the difference is and how it would play out when it's paired with another color for breeding.

I think she is a perlino. I would say there would be a great possiblity of buckskin or buckskin pinto foals when crossing her with a bay and white stallion. I would have to agree on the repeat cross as she is STUNNING.
default_wub.png
Congratulations !!!
default_aktion033.gif

Kitty,

Mom is a silver bucksin, so she is carrying the silver gene. The filly could be either a cremelo or a perilno. A true perlino has a darker mane and tail, but if the filly is also carrying the silver gene, her main and tail would be white. So, it is really hard to tell. You will need to send in her hair sample.

If she is a cremelo and you breed her to your bay colt, you could get a buckskin, palomino (if he carries the red gene or a smoky black (if he has the black gene).

If she is a perlino, you can get the same colors, but a better chance of a bucksin.

She is so beautiful!

I know this name has probably been used but how about

Zepyhr Woods American Idol

Or Zepyhr Woods Ain't I Idol (a doll) Ok that is kinda pushing it.

Zepyhr Woods Alabaster (sp?) Idol

Ok... I'm done
default_aktion033.gif

This would be her future date. Of course he is 3 yr old now but I will be getting new pics of him this summer. Nighthawk his sire of course is Bay pinto but Janet has Treasure listed as sorrel pinto. Boy I must be losing it I thought Treasure was bay also. Tells you that flu bug must still be kicking me. I can't remember Treasures dams color and I just saw her a few weeks ago but her name is Red Baronesse so that makes me think sorrel or chestnut.

OK lets try this again- what happens on a sorrel. Palomino???

And her dam- Affie- is silver buckskin (yes I am sure of that) and Affies dam is a silver buckskin and Affies sire is a grey pinto. And DeeDee (Affies granddam is a silver bay) and BTU is the grandsire is a buckskin.

Treasurebabypic2004.jpg

What about

Zephyr Woods Sassy Idol?

Zephyr Woods One hot Idol?

I like ZW American Idol - Shawn my son mentioned that.

And I like ZW Idolize me. ( hmmm- I'll show that to Shawn also). He really likes this one. Wanted us to name her after his little friend- ZW Princess Frea ( what happens when the teenage love is over however?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! She is just beautiful!!!!

Now, in just LOOKING at that last picture I would say "Smokey Cream" (black based, not perlino which is bay or cremello which is chestnut).

Honestly I'd test her for Black, Agouti, and Silver if I were you and wanted to know. Then you'd know 100% what she was.

Congratulations,

Andrea

Indeed she could either be cremello, perlino or smokey cream.

Smokey cream seems to be fogotten by alot of people.
default_wink.png

The only way to know is testing.

But congrats a beautifull filly!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations! She's beautiful! I would say cremello or possibly silver smokey cream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kitty,

Congrats on your beautiful filly!!!!!

I love her!!!!!

My mare Semi is going to meet Billy Idol in a few days!!
default_smile.png
))

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend Kathy's Night Hawk daughter had a GORGEOUS colt

by Billy a few weeks ago. He's on Janet's web site.

The Night Hawk x Billy Idol cross is AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Please keep posting pictures of your baby filly,, I would LOVE to

see her grow
default_smile.png
)))

~Sandy

I love Billy Idol so I had to peak at this thread, what a nice baby! I don't usually have names spring to mind but what about

ZW Idol Gossip

or

ZW Idol Worship

default_aktion033.gif
Congrate's on SUCH a gorgeous girl! She is a NICE one!
default_yes.gif
I am not much on the color thing though.

Latest posts

Back