Our cat I painted.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
The first one sold so my husband wanted me to paint it again. This is my cat Woozil.

thinkingofyou2.jpg

Oh I'm in love!!!!!! What a beautiful kitty!! Great painting and I can see why the first one sold!!!

WOW. That is beautiful!
default_thumbup.gif
Is it oil or acrylic? Cats are one subject I could never master drawing, let alone painting!

Thank you! Woozil is kind of a neat cat.. weird mix of? and norweigan forrest cat.

I use acrylic paints. Thank you guys again!

Thank you Shari,, I am entering it in the show with my mountain one with fall leaves. Hope I do something!!!

Wait til you see the painting my husband is doing. He is gonna kick my butt. And rightfully so. It is a larger version of one he has done, an old movie theater in Astoria,,,,, NICE and big too!

As someone that loves to (pencil/charcoal) draw and desperately wants to learn to paint, how was doing the same image (subject and pose) for you? I am probably very strange, but I feel that if I draw an image I absolutely cannot draw that image again (and I think it is more about "interest" for me, but the feeling is so strong it really affects the quality of my work). Does anyone else feel this way? Anyway, I really admire not just the extreme high quality of your work, but your ability to redo an image.

I did not like doing the painting the second time! It is too tedious for me... But my husband liked it so much I did it for him.

He paints in watercolors and will do a painting over and over until it is just right to him. That would drive me crazy. Thats why I like acrylics so I can save the painting if I make a mistake!

I did not like doing the painting the second time! It is too tedious for me... But my husband liked it so much I did it for him.

He paints in watercolors and will do a painting over and over until it is just right to him. That would drive me crazy. Thats why I like acrylics so I can save the painting if I make a mistake!
So I am not the only one!? That is a bit comforting to know.

All of your art is amazing and this is no different. Once again, I thought it was a photograph. (and amazing photography at that) Like Shari said, what you did with the lighting is magic.

I just LOVE this one!

I just found this forum. Your work is absolutely stunning. I have been searching for two years to find an artist who can do realistic, portraiture. I will one day soon get my Maya I lost painted. She was a beautiful Siamese.

I have always loved your work and your husband's and this is no exception. I too think it is beautiful and the lighting is awesome.

Latest posts

Back