Our boys are coming home in mid-October

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrichmond

Reaction score
Cody and Theo are scheduled to start weaning on September 28th and will come home a couple of weeks later. I went to visit them yesterday. Theo, the liver chestnut, has grown a lot, but Cody, the pintaloosa, still seems really tiny. Theo is at least 5” taller than Cody. I was able to catch him rolling...silly boy. I’m really looking forward to working with them.
CD888D78-A392-4B66-A1DF-8BB2B24CF5A7.jpeg0581DC21-4138-4F93-9015-190B69469108.jpeg2AA90AC6-566F-4391-8F07-483BD52C3C47.jpeg611B0AE0-A36D-444F-948D-D33FCCCBE0D7.jpegC1C84A93-5515-4D19-BB5E-1B08A538927D.jpeg6EAAF1A4-1866-4C1E-8C7B-642AFCDFBE95.jpeg

Hiya I am from NZ and fairly new to the forum. I do keep up with everyone's tips and advice though - Thank you 😊
I have two boys, Pippin is the Silver Chestnut he is still a colt. Pip will be gelded when he turns one in November. And Zephyr is the Black Appaloosa he has been gelded and is turning two in November.
They can be a handful but very willing to learn and so much fun. They tear up the paddock together and seem to have so much fun.
I got them both 4 months ago (Pippin I have bonded with since he was 2 days old) I have a lot of learning to do but like the horses I am also willing.
You are going to love it!! 😍

Attachments

• 20200925_182641.jpg
    20200925_182641.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200925_182630.jpg
    20200925_182630.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200925_182431.jpg
    20200925_182431.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 3
Hiya I am from NZ and fairly new to the forum. I do keep up with everyone's tips and advice though - Thank you 😊
I have two boys, Pippin is the Silver Chestnut he is still a colt. Pip will be gelded when he turns one in November. And Zephyr is the Black Appaloosa he has been gelded and is turning two in November.
They can be a handful but very willing to learn and so much fun. They tear up the paddock together and seem to have so much fun.
I got them both 4 months ago (Pippin I have bonded with since he was 2 days old) I have a lot of learning to do but like the horses I am also willing.
You are going to love it!! 😍
Thank you! Your boys are beautiful! I’m sure we’ll have as much fun with ours as you do with yours.
We’re still waiting to hear back from our barn folks, I was given a timeline of the first week of October. It’s making me a little crazy to not have a scheduled date. We still have to get a paddock fence up across the barn area, but we have to wait until the barn is in place. It will only be 100’ or so, but it’s a pain having to wait.

Thank you! Your boys are beautiful! I’m sure we’ll have as much fun with ours as you do with yours.
We’re still waiting to hear back from our barn folks, I was given a timeline of the first week of October. It’s making me a little crazy to not have a scheduled date. We still have to get a paddock fence up across the barn area, but we have to wait until the barn is in place. It will only be 100’ or so, but it’s a pain having to wait.
The waiting game is definitely a very hard part of buying a mini..That timing is important to both parties. Your patience does pay off.
I was meant to get Pippin when he was 8 months but because I bought Zephyr 2 months before, my neighbor weaned him earlier for me. They both have quite different personalities. Zeph is a Cat B and Pippin a small Cat A, Zephyr is the best big brother and Pip slots into the best annoying little brother role quite easily 🥰..
Zephyr challenged me a few times at the beginning, as did Pippin. It is amazing what a bit of training does for their attitudes. I can see Zephyr respects and trusts me so much more now. Pippin has always thought of me as his second mum so trusts me immensely but all the same he almost needs more training with nipping etc because he thinks its always play time.
We are just coming out of Winter into Spring. Winter was hard for me because I wanted to spend more time with them and I felt so guilty but the short days and bad weather limits that.
Now I can spend every afternoon with them and weekends, its the best part of my day..
You have so much to look forward to.

Cody and Theo are scheduled to start weaning on September 28th and will come home a couple of weeks later. I went to visit them yesterday. Theo, the liver chestnut, has grown a lot, but Cody, the pintaloosa, still seems really tiny. Theo is at least 5” taller than Cody. I was able to catch him rolling...silly boy. I’m really looking forward to working with them.
View attachment 42286View attachment 42287View attachment 42288View attachment 42290View attachment 42291View attachment 42292
They are so cute!

Latest posts

Back