Our bottle baby-I couldn't be more in love

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luna_tic

Reaction score
We had our very first foal 5 months ago, her mother rejected her and tried to hurt/kill her immediately upon her birth. We were horrified by the mares behavior
default_sad.png
called my vet at 2am after Luna was born, he came right out and declared her an orphan as well after seeing the dams behavior! He had to sedate her just to get the colostrum, she was spinning and trying to kick us! It was crazy!!! I've never seen this mare ever act like this, she's so calm and sweet! He left me a few more syringes to sedate her over the next 24 hours so I could continue to pump the colostrum, then I switched over to foal-lac powder, the dam was re-homed shortly afterward because of her behavior....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh CUTE! Is that a Schipperke in the top right picture and the avatar pic ? We have one-the little black terror !!! LOL!

Thank you so much everyone <3 <3 <3 yes that's a Schipperke, love that you called them "a holy terror" haha! Aren't they though lol

We had grand fun with our "orphan" that her momma didn't accept. Stuffy grew up with my children and now our grand daughters are playing with Stuffy's foals!!

So 5 months ago - where are the current photos? O. Maybe those are the current ones? now that I study them, I realize that that baby isn't a "new kid"... Can you share your avatar pic in larger form? My hubby actually wants to see all those "dogs" together.

Thanks so very much everyone! Paintponylvr "Stuffy" haha! Adorable! That's such a sweet little story, I love it
default_smile.png
Luna literally became a "house horse" from birth to over 3 months of age. She was very easily housebroken. After 3 months of age I slowly got her use to being out at the barn little by little, it was a big change after living in our home among a family, kids & dogs. She was very attached to our dogs especially one in particular. Our house is still very much a comfort zone for her. The video is the most recent
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally figured out how to post a video lol I feel stupid, it's on the next post ;p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for sharing the pics!! And the video.

Yes, little "Stuffy" was a story in herself... She rode to daycare in the cab of our mini truck, under our oldest daughter's feet that dangled from the booster seat. At my parents' place, she stayed in the camper trailer while the storms raged - sleeping on a crib mattress and wearing a toddler sweatshirt over her front half and a 2nd one over her back half w/ the 4 arms keeping her little legs warm. She started out on Patty's (dam) colostrum, then switched to Foal Lac in a bowl, then got Foal Lac free choice when she moved out to the paddock she'd been born in. We didn't get her house trained so much - she lived 20 days or so in our kitchen and going back and forth...

Became a great little riding pony by the time she was 3 and then was leased out to several other families - moving when the children outgrew her - before coming back home.

Thanx for sharing the pics!! And the video.

Yes, little "Stuffy" was a story in herself... She rode to daycare in the cab of our mini truck, under our oldest daughter's feet that dangled from the booster seat. At my parents' place, she stayed in the camper trailer while the storms raged - sleeping on a crib mattress and wearing a toddler sweatshirt over her front half and a 2nd one over her back half w/ the 4 arms keeping her little legs warm. She started out on Patty's (dam) colostrum, then switched to Foal Lac in a bowl, then got Foal Lac free choice when she moved out to the paddock she'd been born in. We didn't get her house trained so much - she lived 20 days or so in our kitchen and going back and forth...

Became a great little riding pony by the time she was 3 and then was leased out to several other families - moving when the children outgrew her - before coming back home.
Awwwwwwww <3 she sounds perfect! What a little doll
default_smile.png
can you post a photo of her, I would love to see miss Stuffy

Latest posts

Back