Our BIG DOGS Are Missing (George & Goldie)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DunPainted

Reaction score
Since yesterday morning, George (St. Bernard - 9 years) and Goldie (Landseer - 2 years) have been missing. Never, ever have either gone off the property 25 acres (10 of which are wooded).

GeorgeDavidSofaCrop.jpg

GoldieReflection.jpg

Called sheriff, animal shelter, dog catcher, posted on the local internet message board.

As some of you know, GEORGE was instrumental in getting, David our son (high-functioning autistic) to talk at four years. George was 5 months old -- David went from grunting to speaking in perfect sentences within 1-1/2 months. Dave and I prayed together so God's angels will bring them home.

Please keep our furry friends in your thoughts.

Cindy

I am SO SORRY!!! Your family, George and Goldie are in our prayers! I hope they make it home safe and quickly!!

Cindy, I seen your post on our message board (isp) last night. Praying they return home to David, (I can imagine how he must be feeling) and you. Anything I can do let me know. Corinne

Oh no! :no: I sure hope you get some good news on them soon, and they find their way back home, safe and sound!

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: Prayers are coming your way. We home they found their way home soon.

Keep us posted,

My Goodness!!! Certainly praying here.... I feel like they are still alive but someone took them. They are just so beautiful...... Praying that you get them back very soon!

Lyn

Prayers being said here too!! It sure sounds strange for them to "wander off" when they've never done it before. I hope someone hasn't snagged them. Maybe Bonnie could help??

What BEAUTIFUL dogs!!! You bet I will be praying to show those pups their way back home. And if someone did take them that they have the yerning to leave and find their way home back safely.

Cindy, didnt your dogs take off last year, when you had the 2 St. Bernards ? I remember you telling me about that, and also when you had that puppy (heeler X??)?? Have you checked the same area they were found in back then, maybe there is something in your wooded area that is "drawing " them there. Just a thought. Dont forget to check the Oconto Human Society. David, you hang in there...we're all praying for there safe return. Corinne

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: for a safe and quick return!!! don't give up hope, we had a dog disappear when the wind blew the gate open (faulty latch which we immediately fixed!!) and she was gone TEN DAYS, we searched everywhere, finally decided to go to the humane society the next day and pick up another dog because the one still home was so distraught without her buddy... then the phone rings, lady had found our dog MILES away... needless to say we dropped everything and went to get her. because of where the lady found her, she HAD to have been picked up by someone who planned to keep her and then got away from them... no way she could have gotten there on her own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been checking in every time i come to the forum... I sure hope they get home OK.

I hope you find them soon! A few years ago, our St. Bernard and Great Pyr took off (the St. was a dog we'd gotten at the shelter, apparently an escape artist
default_wacko.png
: ). We realized it within an hour or two and I took off in the pouring rain in our old Jeep with 2 of my kids. We drove all over the place on our country roads and found them after about 2 hours in a pasture WAY off in the distance, about 2 miles from our home. They'd gone through SEVERAL fences to get there. When I called them, they were sooooo excited and came straight for us. Was quite the experience bringing home two HUGE soaking wet dogs in that little jeep with my 2 kids in there too! LOL! But we didn't care that we were all wet and muddy because they were on their way home.
default_yes.gif
:

Hoping that you have a happy ending too!

Prayers being said here too!! It sure sounds strange for them to "wander off" when they've never done it before. I hope someone hasn't snagged them. Maybe Bonnie could help??
I was thinking the same thing.. Prayers they are returned safe and sound.

:new_multi: :new_multi: [SIZE=12pt]GEORGE & GOLDIE ARE HOME[/SIZE] :new_multi: :new_multi:
[SIZE=10pt]Must've Been A Long Night[/SIZE]
PoopedCloseHoriz.jpg

These two tramps wandered a couple miles from home.....ended up tied to a tree by the nicest farm family. Afternoon and night. Guess who was hungry when they finally arrived at their evening hotel? David thinks the family was sad to see 'em go. Especially George!

Neither have moved much......keep collapsing in a heap. Poor George, his hips are ailing him. Goldie (Little Miss ADD) slept on my lap, without moving, for over an hour.
default_yes.gif
:

Many thanks for your thoughts and prayers.....you folks are the best!
default_wub.png
:

Cindy

Sure missed
........floating dog hair from wagging tails
............fighting for bed space and,
....................getting a soggy lap when they finished drinking! :new_rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back